MP3 player for Goljan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Med01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I can't load Goljan MP3s onto my iPod (bought it a couple of years back). I've tried splitting the Goljan lectures, and all other kinds of things, but they still couldn't transfer.

Anyway I really want to listen to Goljan MP3s at the gym, and I need an MP3 player that's not too expensive only for that. I'm wondering about those $30 MP3 players at the drugstore...?

I'd appreciate any suggestions for MP3 players, and I need to get it soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I can't load Goljan MP3s onto my iPod (bought it a couple of years back). I've tried splitting the Goljan lectures, and all other kinds of things, but they still couldn't transfer.

Anyway I really want to listen to Goljan MP3s at the gym, and I need an MP3 player that's not too expensive only for that. I'm wondering about those $30 MP3 players at the drugstore...?

I'd appreciate any suggestions for MP3 players, and I need to get it soon!

I've got goljan on my ipod so it must work.

Try updating iTunes and the firmware on your Ipod.

What does it say when you add the lectures to your library? What about when you drag them onto your ipod icon?

Members don't see this ad :)
the original mp3 format doesn't work in my MP3 player too..
u need to convert it in mp3 format....try GoldWave

They played on my Treo and on a SanDisk 2GB MP3 player just fine. Do not own an iPod, so cannot really comment.

Hey guys, donning my mod hat here and asking that everyone play nice and not make insulting comments. Also, while this conversation is fine, just a reminder that any discussion of how to get Goljan audio isn't allowed by SDN.

Hi,

I had the same problem and I was able to fix it, but since it's been awhile, I went back to check how I did it. You will need to convert the files into a playable format. Try doing these steps first before getting a new mp3 player.

After plugging in your iPod and iTunes opens, do the following. Drag the files and drop them into the playlist in the music library. Then after the list is displayed, go to Edit --> Preferences --> Advanced --> Importing. Next to Import Using, there is a drop down box with a few options for encoders: AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV. What they all mean, I don't know, but I do know that when I tried AAC, it worked. Click ok and then select all of the items on the playlist. Right click over the blue selected area, and then click on Convert Selection to AAC (or whatever option you chose). Then it will start converting.

Try all of the encoder options until you find which one works, and then synchronize to your iPod. But just so you know, the conversion process does take some time, and you won't know which option works until you try playing the files on the iPod, although maybe they all work. Also, keep in mind that that there will be duplicated files after conversion, so remove the original version of each file from the playlist that are highlighted in blue, and keep the converted files on the list that are highlighted in white. Then synchronize to the iPod.

The iPod should then be able to play the audio files after converting them. As for getting one of the cheaper players, well I tried to do this at first, but the one I got didn't play anything at all except for the sample songs already on it, and I ended up having to return it to the store. I guess there's a good reason why people buy iPods.

Sorry to make this so long. Hope this helps, good luck!

Yep, this worked for me too. Just convert to AAC and they should play.