MPH during 4th yr of residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that the Harvard RadOnc program states that a resident can pursue an MPH (+clinical research) during his/her final year of residency (that would otherwise be devoted to research). I know that most(?) programs have a similar research year, but can anyone tell me if it is possible to do this MPH at any/most schools, or is this something that is only at Harvard? Does anyone have any experience doing something like this?

On a similar note--anyone know how the MPH works in terms of funding? Do they pay tuition for you?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of programs have that sort of deal.
Ours allows for an MPH through a clinical research track.
Some departments are funded, but other ones you have to pay for yourself, or perhaps obtain a scholarship/grant. Just ask the program directors what is possible.
S

Thanks for your response. Do you know if you are required to do your MPH in certain fields, or if you are given the option to do an MPH in any concentration? For example, I am very interested in an MPH in Healthcare Management. Is that an option even though it wouldn't directly be related to clinical research?

Last edited: