-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MPH Fall 2018: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!
Started by ConfusedAsUsual
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats everyone! Normally I'm not a big Monday fan, but this Monday is definitely a happy day!
Last edited:
Congrats everyone! Normally I'm not a big Monday fan, but this Monday is definietly a happy day!
Congratulations again!! That's freaking awesome that you got into your top school!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Right?! Which school are you leaning towards to? It seems like you have awesome choices to choose from!Congratulations again!! That's freaking awesome that you got into your top school!
In at Emory BSHE! No email, but saw "Pay Admissions Deposit" and "View Online Decision" when I checked OPUS. Congrats to all who just heard back on OPUS!
Congratulations!!!!! That's awesome.In at Emory HPM!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!! My top choice! Still in shock! Lol
Now I'm going to begin obsessively checking my OPUS lol
Congrats everyone! Normally I'm not a big Monday fan, but this Monday is definitely a happy day!
Congratulations on Emory!!!
Undergrad School: University of Michigan
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.5
Major/Minor: biopsychology, cognition & neuroscience
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 152Q/162V/4.5W
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
- 4 years working at a financial services firm while attending UM
- played a club sport and was very involved on campus w/ multiple leadership positions
- a few 5-6 month health related internship/volunteer experiences while attending UM
- 1 year at a healthcare technology startup in San Francisco
- 2.5 years working in finance in San Francisco
Special factors:
Although not health-related, I've had faculty tell me that my experience in finance is a big plus. It will be helpful in the HMP curriculum and job search after graduation.
***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants.***
Interested in: MPH in healthcare management and policy
Applied: UC Berkeley (12/01, verified 12/21), UCLA (12/01, verified 12/21), University of Michigan (12/07, verified 12/21), University of Minnesota (12/12, verified 12/21), Boston University (12/21, verified 12/21), Columbia (12/21, verified 12/21), Emory (12/21, verified 12/21), Yale (01/01, verified 01/01).
Interview: current student at Columbia University (01/15), faculty at University of Michigan (01/17)
Accepted: University of Minnesota (01/25), UCLA (01/25), Columbia University (01/26), Emory (01/29), Boston University (01/30), University of Michigan (02/15).
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.5
Major/Minor: biopsychology, cognition & neuroscience
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 152Q/162V/4.5W
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
- 4 years working at a financial services firm while attending UM
- played a club sport and was very involved on campus w/ multiple leadership positions
- a few 5-6 month health related internship/volunteer experiences while attending UM
- 1 year at a healthcare technology startup in San Francisco
- 2.5 years working in finance in San Francisco
Special factors:
Although not health-related, I've had faculty tell me that my experience in finance is a big plus. It will be helpful in the HMP curriculum and job search after graduation.
***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants.***
Interested in: MPH in healthcare management and policy
Applied: UC Berkeley (12/01, verified 12/21), UCLA (12/01, verified 12/21), University of Michigan (12/07, verified 12/21), University of Minnesota (12/12, verified 12/21), Boston University (12/21, verified 12/21), Columbia (12/21, verified 12/21), Emory (12/21, verified 12/21), Yale (01/01, verified 01/01).
Interview: current student at Columbia University (01/15), faculty at University of Michigan (01/17)
Accepted: University of Minnesota (01/25), UCLA (01/25), Columbia University (01/26), Emory (01/29), Boston University (01/30), University of Michigan (02/15).
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Last edited:
I'm in at Emory for epi! I checked OPUS and I had a decision letter waiting! It's my dream school and I'm honestly so excited
I have the same link! I hope it’s a good sign!
Update...I got accepted!!
"If your mailing address is domestic, you will receive an official admission letter and a gift from Rollins via mail delivery service"
Me: OOOOOOHHH A PRESENT
Me: OOOOOOHHH A PRESENT
Thank you! Right?! Which school are you leaning towards to? It seems like you have awesome choices to choose from!
For me, it really comes down to aid. But I think emory and JHU are the best in terms of program fit!
Congrats! Its awesome that we got into our dream school!I'm in at Emory for epi! I checked OPUS and I had a decision letter waiting! It's my dream school and I'm honestly so excited
Also in at Emory for epidemiology! Congrats to everyone else that got acceptances! Maybe we'll get to be classmates haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In at Emory for HPM!
Congrats!! What concentration did you apply for? I'm waiting to hear.
Thank you!! I applied epi, but the email just says accepted to the MPH program, nothing about the concentration. Good luck I hope you hear back soon!!
Undergrad School: Top private
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.45/3.77
Major/Minor: Public Health
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable): Several graduate-level classes
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 157V/150Q/4.5 AW
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
~4 years of research on HIV care disparities.
-3 years volunteering at a clinic serving LGBTQ populations
-policy-related internship
-Other on-campus clubs
Special factors:
***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants.***
Interested in: MPH in Health Policy & Management
Applied(include the date of application): Emory (01/05), JHU (01/15), Columbia (01/15), University of Michigan (01/15), Yale (01/15), UNC (02/13)
Accepted: Emory, Yale, JHU, University of Michigan, UNC, Columbia
Rejected: None
Waitlisted:None
Attending: JHU
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.45/3.77
Major/Minor: Public Health
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable): Several graduate-level classes
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 157V/150Q/4.5 AW
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
~4 years of research on HIV care disparities.
-3 years volunteering at a clinic serving LGBTQ populations
-policy-related internship
-Other on-campus clubs
Special factors:
***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants.***
Interested in: MPH in Health Policy & Management
Applied(include the date of application): Emory (01/05), JHU (01/15), Columbia (01/15), University of Michigan (01/15), Yale (01/15), UNC (02/13)
Accepted: Emory, Yale, JHU, University of Michigan, UNC, Columbia
Rejected: None
Waitlisted:None
Attending: JHU
Last edited:
Just in at Emory MPH!
In at Emory for Global Health!!!
Congrats to everyone else hearing back!
Congrats to everyone else hearing back!Anyone considering going to Admitted Students Day/Visit Emory? 🙂
Anyone considering going to Admitted Students Day/Visit Emory? 🙂
when is that?
I want to go! Not sure if i can take time off work.Anyone considering going to Admitted Students Day/Visit Emory? 🙂
March 22nd - 23rd. Wish it was on the weekendwhen is that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also in at Emory for epi! So excited!
March 22nd - 23rd. Wish it was on the weekend
Are you sure? I thought it was 23rd and 24th. 23rd is optional, so the real day is on a Saturday
Are you sure? I thought it was 23rd and 24th. 23rd is optional, so the real day is on a Saturday
Woops, yeah you're right. 🙁
Same here, I'd really love to go, but I suppose I could always try to schedule a tour on the weekendI want to go! Not sure if i can take time off work.
Quick question everyone, I applied to Columbia in January before the deadline but haven't received any confirmation of my application being received. Is this normal procedure for Columbia or should I be worried?
Also just to confirm, their FAQ says decisions are sent in March but I've definitely seen people receiving acceptances. Is the FAQ no longer correct or is March simply the deadline for acceptance notification?
Also just to confirm, their FAQ says decisions are sent in March but I've definitely seen people receiving acceptances. Is the FAQ no longer correct or is March simply the deadline for acceptance notification?
Is attending Admitted Students Day a good idea/recommended? I want to go to the one in Michigan and stuff but I live all the way on the West Coast. Is it worth the cost and time to go to these events?
This is a good question. I'm wondering this as well. I want to go to Emory's admitted students day but i live in California. Cross country flights are expensive. LolIs attending Admitted Students Day a good idea/recommended? I want to go to the one in Michigan and stuff but I live all the way on the West Coast. Is it worth the cost and time to go to these events?
This is a good question. I'm wondering this as well. I want to go to Emory's admitted students day but i live in California. Cross country flights are expensive. Lol
Im thinking about this as well. I want to attend Yale and Columbia's admitted students day but its hard since I am all the way in WA. Would love some insight on this.
That's what I'm thinking about doing. Plus it's a two day event and i don't want to go through the financial expense and hassle of finding a hotel.Same here, I'd really love to go, but I suppose I could always try to schedule a tour on the weekend
I'd love to go to Emory's, but I'll just have gotten back home from traveling and I probably won't want to take time out of school. I went to their open house in October, so that helps. If I hadn't ever visited, I would definitely want to go before showing up in August.This is a good question. I'm wondering this as well. I want to go to Emory's admitted students day but i live in California. Cross country flights are expensive. Lol
By the way, it's a beautiful, beautiful place.
I will be attending Emory's admit day. If anyone is going, let me know. I would love to meet ya'll.
I'm from WA too! Did you apply to UW?Im thinking about this as well. I want to attend Yale and Columbia's admitted students day but its hard since I am all the way in WA. Would love some insight on this.
I'm from WA too! Did you apply to UW?
Yes I DID! I went there for undergrad! You a fellow husky too?! Its the only school I have yet to hear from.
Yes I'm a husky!!! Hoping to continue as a husky!! 🙂 my boyfriend works in the bio department so I'm on campus sometimes to get things done while waiting for him.Yes I DID! I went there for undergrad! You a fellow husky too?! Its the only school I have yet to hear from.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah same here. From here on out I'm going to make applying to scholarships my full time job, which is what i wish i did before undergrad. LolI don’t know if I’ll be able to go to emory’s admitted students day since the flight will be expensive.... and on that note, I hope they send out financial aid information soon!
Woops, yeah you're right. 🙁
Very interesting considering Harvard's tentative admitted student day is March 23, as well.
Yes I'm a husky!!! Hoping to continue as a husky!! 🙂 my boyfriend works in the bio department so I'm on campus sometimes to get things done while waiting for him.
Yay! Glad to see another husky on here! Which department did you apply for?
I applied just before the deadline as well but I received an email on January 16 from Columbia that my application is complete and will be forwarded to the department for review.Quick question everyone, I applied to Columbia in January before the deadline but haven't received any confirmation of my application being received. Is this normal procedure for Columbia or should I be worried?
Also just to confirm, their FAQ says decisions are sent in March but I've definitely seen people receiving acceptances. Is the FAQ no longer correct or is March simply the deadline for acceptance notification?
On the same email I was told that "Decisions notification will be sent via email only in February."
Epi!Yay! Glad to see another husky on here! Which department did you apply for?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 103
- Views
- 37K