Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The MS program isn't housed in the school of medicine and public health but rather its in the college of Letters and Science. I'd be able to complete my thesis with any department in the same school, including bacteriology and entomology, both of which have strong external funding. The CDC just opened the Midwest vector-borne disease center on campus, which provides opportunities as well. I'm just more worried about staying at the same institution that I got my BS in.I think it's important for you to think about career goals. Yale and Emory will provide you with a stronger name recognition, more connections, and likely better research opportunities than Wisconsin. I'm all for saving money, but UWisconsin is pretty well known for slashing research budgets and doesn't have a strong public health program. I would be very wary about choosing it over your other options due to that.
