MPH programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calbears84

professional baller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am thinking about going into a MPH program and get a master in health care management before going to med school. my question is...do i need to take the GRE or will mcat do it?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. The school I got my MPH from didn't require any exam, but I believe that most require the GRE. I doubt that any require the MCAT as you don't have to qualify for med school to do an MPH.

What are you wanting to do your MPH in? Mine is in health admin and policy.

hey calbears

for most MPH programs, you have to take the GRE. it shouldn't take too much preparation though. i would suggest something simple like the princeton review software available at most stores. it goes over all the covered material and even has practice tests that are fashioned after the actual, computerized exam. nothing to stress about really, especially if you're comparing it to the MCAT at least.

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Does MPH mean Masters in Public Health? stupid question i know:rolleyes:

i took the mcat already..but i haven't taken the GRE....so most MPH schools wont recognize my mcat scores and require me to take the GRE?

You can always ask them if they would consider the MCAT in lieu of the GRE.

Femtochemistry: Yes.

I know the MPH program at MCP accepts your MCAT scores for admission

the mph program at tulane accepts mcat scores in place of gre

i just used my mcat scores for the mph program at dartmouth. they accepted it.

MCAT scores are accepted at U of South Florida for the MPH program.