Mph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thirdangel

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm just wondering about how many of you have an MPH or are in a dual degree program. I'm thinking about doing this and need your thoughts! Can anyone help?

Thanks!
 
Hey there,
I got my MPH at SDSU (epidemiology concentration) 2 yrs before I started school. It was definitely a benefit, as it exposed me to a lot of interesting research, and I think it helped me stand out a bit during the application process. If you get the chance, i say go for it. It can only help you become a better med school applicant as well as a better doctor!

Good luck,

Greg

MSII
WesternU/COMP
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The MPH is a very valuable degree to have in today's job market -- with or without a medical degree. I'm currently an MPH student and plan to apply to medical school or graduate school in clinical neuropsychology next summer. Coming into public health, I had mixed expectations. Now that I am almost halfway through the program, I am really glad to have pursued public health. It is a very interesting and multifaceted area with enough opportunities and variety to tickle pretty much anyone's fancy.

Check out this link:

http://healthcare.netscape.monster.com/articles/publichealth/
 
I'm currently a dual degreer.... DO/MPH.... Several students at DMU are in the dual degree program or are currently taking courses in the Division of Health Management to consider doing a DO/MPH or DO/MHA.

I, most definitely agree, that the extra training will help me help my future patients....

Good luck.... 😎