Mph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thirdangel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm just wondering about how many of you have an MPH or are in a dual degree program. I'm thinking about doing this and need your thoughts! Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,
I got my MPH at SDSU (epidemiology concentration) 2 yrs before I started school. It was definitely a benefit, as it exposed me to a lot of interesting research, and I think it helped me stand out a bit during the application process. If you get the chance, i say go for it. It can only help you become a better med school applicant as well as a better doctor!

Good luck,

Greg

MSII
WesternU/COMP

I also got my MPH a couple of years before starting school (mine is in health admin & policy). I totally agree with GDubDO's assessment.

Members don't see this ad :)
The MPH is a very valuable degree to have in today's job market -- with or without a medical degree. I'm currently an MPH student and plan to apply to medical school or graduate school in clinical neuropsychology next summer. Coming into public health, I had mixed expectations. Now that I am almost halfway through the program, I am really glad to have pursued public health. It is a very interesting and multifaceted area with enough opportunities and variety to tickle pretty much anyone's fancy.

Check out this link:

http://healthcare.netscape.monster.com/articles/publichealth/

I'm currently a dual degreer.... DO/MPH.... Several students at DMU are in the dual degree program or are currently taking courses in the Division of Health Management to consider doing a DO/MPH or DO/MHA.

I, most definitely agree, that the extra training will help me help my future patients....

Good luck.... :cool: