Mr. Mom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnnaLee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a huge laugh today so I thought I would share...

I'm on inpatient psych and my fellow med student has this schizo patient who thinks he's pregnant. She asks him today if he still believes this and he says no. She thinks, wow, he's actually getting better. Then he says, its because he gave birth yesterday. To a boy named Justin, who is now in the nursery. She asks if he is ok, and he says yeah, but he is having some cramping and some pain. She asks what is hurting him and he looks at her like she is crazy...then says, my anus, what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

so basically the patient thinks he shat baby Justin outta his ass. :laugh:
was the baby covered in meconium? *ahem* i mean ****?

i wonder what the most common delusions encountered in psych are:
(1) i'm the prez-o-dent!
(2) i be jesus. that's right, your f*cking lord and savior.
(3) i be pregnant.
(4) these damn rainbows keep crawling up my leg and biting the inside of my ass.

AnnaLee said:
She asks what is hurting him and he looks at her like she is crazy...then says, my anus, what do you think?
The scary part is that you come back after being up for 28 hours and them schizos in their infinite reasonableness seem to make more sense than you do.

Time to get out of the hospital!

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
(4) these damn rainbows keep crawling up my leg and biting the inside of my ass.

sounds vaguely familiar......

AndyMilonakis said:
so basically the patient thinks he shat baby Justin outta his ass. :laugh:
was the baby covered in meconium? *ahem* i mean ****?

ROFLMAO..............

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The first question I would be asking is why did he name the kid Justin? But then again, I am curious about different sorts of things.

AndyMilonakis said:
Now why is that important?

It's not. I am just wondering about what made him pick Justin. It gives a window into the kind of psychosis that is present.

yaah said:
It's not. I am just wondering about what made him pick Justin. It gives a window into the kind of psychosis that is present.
Yeah, on that vein, why did Mephisto name that monkey boy of his Kevin?

Members don't see this ad :)
While we are talking about psych issues, can someone please enlighten me as to why I find myself exchanging PMs re: pole-dancing with a guy who cannot spell my name right? :confused:

Sometimes my insight leaves me.

I love it... I met that patient for the first time today, and he did not look anything like I expected. Kind of a Mr. Miyagi with a shy little grin. Looks like my next door neighbor. His ass feels better today, so that's good. Ms. Cluster B on her 102 admission wants him for her new boyfriend, apparently. Got a lovely picture of the spaceship that landed on my new patient's roof when I asked him to copy the pentagrams. Too funny. Should have named this thread "tales from the psych ward"

Don't be too nice or they'll start proposing to you. I'm not kidding.

Or offer to become your pimp. Clearly I was not marriage material.

He told me I could make a lot of money with an a$$ like mine. Then he showed me pictures of his other 'ladies'.