MS3 asking to speak to someone about general surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Pineal Gland

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

I’m a third-year medical student interested in applying to General Surgery. I’d love to PM anyone currently in or who has completed a General Surgery residency. Specifically, I’m hoping to learn more about:

  • Tips for applying and making my application stand out
  • What the day-to-day life of a resident looks like
  • Any advice or recommendations for successfully matching
Your insights would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance.

Or if you want to post the response here and I can ask you questions specific to my app on the forum.

Thank you for your time.