Msar 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

richardlo

MD/PhD applicant
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question. I am planning to apply in summer 2007 and matriculate in 2008, so should I buy the MSAR 2007-2008 version (published in April 2006) or should I buy the next version?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, just a quick question. I am planning to apply in summer 2007 and matriculate in 2008, so should I buy the MSAR 2007-2008 version (published in April 2006) or should I buy the next version?

Thanks.

next version! i made the mistake and bought mine early last year - realized when I got it that it was for the previous cycle... but i still liked having the old one to look at earlier.... so if you want just one - wait til the new one comes out!

so if you want just one - wait til the new one comes out!
And I believe last week it came out later than advertised. I don't think it started shipping until early may.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got mine about this time last year and am applying now. nothing really changed, just a couple numbers here and there. if you want it to look at in advance go ahead and get it because hte new one comes out around the time you should start working on your app.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I have already ordered it from Amazon.com and I should receive it within a week.

Anyway, does anyone know if any school will not accept a 3-year-old MCAT score? I was counting on reading the MSAR 2007-2008 to figure that out, but... I took MCAT in April 2005 and am planning to apply in 2007 for 2008 matriculation. I am afraid that I will miss the "no-more-than-3-year-old" requirement.

I would either buy the current one, or wait and get the new one if you have access to a current one. I think there are usually delays getting the MSAR, because of high demand. But I thought it was very helpful last year to have something to go by.:p