MSAR Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WisePrincess227

F.R.O.G.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed this was mentioned in one of the previous forums---I was wondering can you find out the URM of a school without purchasing one these books. I bought one in 2004-2005--how much do the stats really change? I know it is probably hard to say.. Thanks, Wise

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed this was mentioned in one of the previous forums---I was wondering can you find out the URM of a school without purchasing one these books. I bought one in 2004-2005--how much do the stats really change? I know it is probably hard to say.. Thanks, Wise

You can go to the school's website as most schools have this information under Demographics. This book is also available in most college libraries (in the reserve or reference sections) so you may want check it out there.

There are some matriculant numbers (state by state) on the AAMC website too. If you are interested in a particular school, you could consult the AAMC website and the MSAR or school website for that particular school.

Members don't see this ad :)
wutwinb:

It may or may not be available there at your local bookstore. You could request for them to order it for you or you could deal directly with the AAMC and purchase it from their website. You could also purchase it through Amazon.com as well.

The Minority Student Opportunities in US Medical Schools book is a MUST have, not just for pre med students in college, but also for high school students and anyone interested in becoming a physician.

Why is the MSOUSMS a must have?
(i ordered it, still waiting for it to arrive)

MissLys

Why is the MSOUSMS a must have?
(i ordered it, still waiting for it to arrive)

MissLys

It discusses the recruitment, retention and pre matriculation programs for each medical school in the US. Not to mention it gives you the contact information for the Office of Diversity/Multicultural/Minority Affairs at each school too.

If you are hesitant to buy it or still wonder if it is worth the money, take a look at the book in your local library or pre professional advisor's office.

It will probably be one of the best resources for you as you apply to medical school.

I agree that this book is a MUST have for URM's. I poured over this book when I applied and it worked like a charm!