SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MSAR GPA numbers

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by prettyslick, May 30, 2008.

1. prettyslick

prettyslick Member 5+ Year Member

Sep 5, 2004
    In the MSAR, the median/average GPA's listed from each school - are they GPA's of students at the time of acceptance or at the time of matriculation?

For example, at the time of application, someone might have a GPA of 3.4 but by the time they matriculate their GPA might rise to like a 3.55? I was confused as to how to look at them. Thanks.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. redlight

redlight Senior Member :D 5+ Year Member

Jan 10, 2008
  4. BigRedPremed

BigRedPremed Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 20, 2005

I think he was asking a different question.

I would say the GPA's quoted in the MSAR are GPA's at the time of AMCAS submission. I don't think the AAMC knows our GPA at acceptance or at matriculation.
  5. prettyslick

prettyslick Member 5+ Year Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Yes, exactly. thats what I meant to ask..when you submit your AMCAS application..whatever GPA is on it would be reported to MSAR?
  6. mikkey

mikkey 7+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2007
    its at application, which isn't all that great to tell you if you can get in. It really just tells you where you stand with the applicants. For schools that are considered safety like GWU, that hikes up their numbers because tons of people who apply won't necessarily go or be chosen for an interview.