MSAR GPA numbers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettyslick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the MSAR, the median/average GPA's listed from each school - are they GPA's of students at the time of acceptance or at the time of matriculation?

For example, at the time of application, someone might have a GPA of 3.4 but by the time they matriculate their GPA might rise to like a 3.55? I was confused as to how to look at them. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

In the MSAR, the median/average GPA's listed from each school - are they GPA's of students at the time of acceptance or at the time of matriculation?

oops, didnt fully read the question

yea bigred or w/e answered it anyway

im pretty sure those are acceptance numbers and not matriculation.
the same superstars (generally) apply to all the top schools and get admitted to a few of them but they can obviously only go to one school so matriculation averages are almost always lower

I think he was asking a different question.

I would say the GPA's quoted in the MSAR are GPA's at the time of AMCAS submission. I don't think the AAMC knows our GPA at acceptance or at matriculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think he was asking a different question.

I would say the GPA's quoted in the MSAR are GPA's at the time of AMCAS submission. I don't think the AAMC knows our GPA at acceptance or at matriculation.

Yes, exactly. thats what I meant to ask..when you submit your AMCAS application..whatever GPA is on it would be reported to MSAR?

its at application, which isn't all that great to tell you if you can get in. It really just tells you where you stand with the applicants. For schools that are considered safety like GWU, that hikes up their numbers because tons of people who apply won't necessarily go or be chosen for an interview.