Msar online 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DerrickRoseMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know they came out with the latest MSAR about a month ago (2013-2014). Who here has tried the Online version? If so, is it worth the $20?

Members don't see this ad.

I had the online version last year and I really liked it. It can be laggy at times, but the convenience of being able to access it anywhere far outweighed the occasional sluggishness.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I think it's worth the money just because the book alone doesn't provide all the information people are looking for (i.e. statistics).

I do hate the site navigation though (can't sort by state-name alphabetical??---how many people know that Brown is going to be under 'W' rather than 'B'? correct me if there is a way, maybe I missed it)...

I really like it, although I'd say that $20 is a bit much...but I don't know where else you'd find this sort of information.

I'm glad I bought it.

Glad I made the buy as well. You may want to consider USNews and World Report's listings as well. Pretty useful.

Glad I made the buy as well. You may want to consider USNews and World Report's listings as well. Pretty useful.

What statistics and other good information to know does US News provide that MSAR does not?

Can someone tell me what the MSAR is for?

In the online version, are you allowed to do computer things to it (like sort schools by ranking, price, keywords, search etc) or is it just a scanning of the physical book.

I received the online MSAR as a gift a couple months ago. After I login, at the top right, it says "MSAR edition" with a drop down menu. I have 2012 and 2013 available.

This means there is a newer version? Just wanted to make sure before I purchased it.

I received the online MSAR as a gift a couple months ago. After I login, at the top right, it says "MSAR edition" with a drop down menu. I have 2012 and 2013 available.

This means there is a newer version? Just wanted to make sure before I purchased it.

Yes. that is the newest version.

Anyone else annoyed that MSAR only provides data on how many students applied and matriculated, while leaving out info about how many were accepted? Maybe it's just me, but the latter is more important in my opinion.

Is there a physical book version available for purchase for the most recent version? All I could find was the electronic version and the web subscription.Would bookstores be selling it?

Anyone else annoyed that MSAR only provides data on how many students applied and matriculated, while leaving out info about how many were accepted? Maybe it's just me, but the latter is more important in my opinion.

Agreed, this would definitely be useful.

Still the most valuable non-SDN resource for creating a school list though.