MSI and MSII at DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kahoo99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys go to classes?
which ones?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

kahoo99 said:
which ones?

thanks

I am an MSI...I go to pretty much all the classes just b/c I need something to guide my studying. The only class I have not gone to on a regular basis was Histo b/c a couple of the professors were not very interesting.

For the most part, except a couple of the micro professors, we have excellent teachers.

I try to go to all of them. I think the only ones I've deliberately missed at times were Behavioral Med. I agree that most of our profs are excellent.

Members don't see this ad :)
kahoo99 said:
which ones?

I am a MS I at DMU and if I had to guess about 75-80% go to class. I really struggle with this issue as I find that most lectures are OK, but not necessary. At DMU all classes are put online on MP3, most prof. place their powerpoints online as well and most of them teach straight from their handouts. So you do not really need to be there. You can take a 50 minute lecture and listen to it on 2X speed and get through it in 25 minutes as you look at the power points on the laptop that DMU gives you. Can you do well this way --- yes. But there are 2 problems; 1) if you cannot discipline yourself to study while not in class you'll have trouble. 2) If you do this a great majority of the time you'll start to really feel isolated from the class.

There are some classes that you need to attend such as OMM lecture, OMM lab and physical diagnosis lab. Aside from these, it is whatever works for you. Remember its your dollar, do what works for you. Standard rule: if you are getting nothing out of a lecture within 10 minutes, get out and go study on your own

thanks for the replies folks.