Mspp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orchid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone heard of MSPP?
What kind of reputation do they have?
And if you go there, what can you tell about the school from personal experience? Would you recommend going there?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know a bit about them....a mixed bag at best. They seem to have a pretty decent reputation around Boston, and they have some good placements....so if you stay in the Boston area they may not be a bad option. I'm not sure how their reputation fares outside of Boston, but I'd guess it isn't going to be that good.

They are not affiliated with a university, and I think that really hurts them on a number of fronts (opportunities to teach, cross-disciplinary research...particularly neuro/health, no university resources). Last I heard (4ish years ago) they had crappy facilities and a non-existent campus outside of Boston. The fact they are in/around Boston may be good because of the great hospitals in the area, but you'd need to check what kind of affiliations they have.

They have a part-time option (which I'd consider a red flag....since most/all clinical programs seem to require 60+ hours a week), but for some that is a plus.

-t