MSSM interview schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LEdaddy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone (perhaps someone who interviewed last year) know if there would be enough time to complete the interview day at Mt. Sinai and still make it back to Newark airport for a 6:40 pm flight?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone (perhaps someone who interviewed last year) know if there would be enough time to complete the interview day at Mt. Sinai and still make it back to Newark airport for a 6:40 pm flight?

bump...i'd be interested, as well

Members don't see this ad :)
They say the day starts at 8:30 and lasts for 5 1/2 hours... so I'm assuming that's 2:00pm. I'm sure you can get to New Wark in time. My question (for someone familiar with NYC) is can I get to JFK in time for a 4:15pm flight? Given that I'm not checking in luggage...

some airlines allow you to check in online, hours before your flight. you print your boarding pass and save yourself some time. all you have to worry about is getting past security checkpoint and to your gate.

i'm not from NY, but i think laguardia is quite a bit closer to MSSM than JFK...have someone more familiar with the area confirm that though...not sure if 4:15 might be cutting it a bit too close just in case you get caught up somewhere...especially if the interview ends roughly around 2

on another note, for all of you interviewees at MSSM, have you been able to set up a student host yet? I don't mean to hijack the thread by any means, but I sent an email to the address they gave us in the attachment with the interview email a few weeks ago...I have yet to hear a thing. Thanks in advance.

i'm not from NY, but i think laguardia is quite a bit closer to MSSM than JFK...have someone more familiar with the area confirm that though...not sure if 4:15 might be cutting it a bit too close just in case you get caught up somewhere...especially if the interview ends roughly around 2

on another note, for all of you interviewees at MSSM, have you been able to set up a student host yet? I don't mean to hijack the thread by any means, but I sent an email to the address they gave us in the attachment with the interview email a few weeks ago...I have yet to hear a thing. Thanks in advance.

Yes, LGA is much closer to MSSM than JFK, but the OP is flying into Newark... I have never flown into Newark, so I have no idea how long it might take to get to Newark from MSSM.

Newark takes about 30 minutes from midtown by shuttle, unless there's nasty traffic. Cool thing is that NJ transit trains runs there straight from Penn Station.