- From the area, big family support
- Stipend worth more in lower cost of living area
- Could probably afford house/mortgage after several years.
- P/F Clerkship
- Huge bioinformatics department
- Hate driving, Nashville has effectively no public transit
- Huge 2 day exams after a block
- Political situation in the South. Must perform away rotations to receive full women's health curriculum.
- Faculty interviews didn't reveal any exciting mentors
- Several hours a week of anatomy lab dissections. I'm not interested in procedural specialties.
- Dinner, hotel accommodations were mediocre compared to other school's revisit events.
- SO has no interest in staying in the South.
- NYC is very vibrant
- Guaranteed housing extremely close to hospitals at rent-controlled prices.
- Students seemed more lively, less stressed.
- Exams every two weeks. Guaranteed Friday afternoon off on exam weeks.
- Graded clerkships (P/HP/H)
- Furthest option from family support network. Would be away for a very long time.
- Stipend is very low when considering COL
- Seems that most people match in NY. Unclear if self-selecting or worst match stats.
- Student dorm housing is pretty cramped