MSTP Rejt => MD Acpt ?

starman

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2008
Does anyone have any experience with being rejected from MST programs yet being accepted by the same school's MD program?

I applied exclusively to MSTP/MD-PhD programs and was surprised that every school that I have been rejected from has said they will consider me for MD-only admissions... but what are the real chances of them taking my application seriously after its been sent with big ol' REJECTION stamp from the MSTP adcom? Personally, I dont think an MSTP rejection should affect a MD decision, but who knows if thats realistic... do you?

FSAP

Foreigner
10+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2007
  1. MD/PhD Student
I got an interview for MD after MSTP rejection and some people on MDApps got accepted MD only, so I am sure it is possible. MSTP is more competitive, so MD adcoms definitely should take a close look at rejects.

About the Ads

sunshine8i8

10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
The feeling I'm getting from schools who do consider applicants turned down by the MSTP adcom is that they will consider you seriously if they know that you are still interested in their school regardless of being accepted to the MSTP/MD-PhD.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.