Mstp Surf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nhazu10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be a junior this coming Fall and I'm doing the MSTP SURF program. I'm not exactly if doing a MD/PhD is the way i want to go for medical school, but I want to do research this summer instead of waste it. My advisor is a well-known professor in the medical and i'd hate to let something like this go..especially because i could get a good LOR. I'm interested in doing the research that I'm assigned to, but my question is... if i do this program but dont apply MSTP when application process rolls around, will it look bad? am i gunna shoot down my chances with the school im working at if i dont go MSTP? I'm really excited about it, but i'm hoping it doesn't come back and bite me in the a$$.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

doubtful that it will look bad, especially if you have a good reason to have changed your mind.

If nothing else, all you probably need to say is "I was trying to find out what program is right for me."