MSTP to MD switch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MnMnTam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After some soul-searching (mostly through writing apps), I've decided that I would rather pursue a research-intensive MD instead of an MD/PhD at some schools (e.g. Duke). Will I still be able to change my suppl. app? Will changing my app hurt my candidacy?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're REALLY sure, I'd say go ahead and switch if you haven't interviewed at the school yet. I don't know you at all, but I'd say they will be able to tell if you're heart is not in it during the interviews. Therefore, I'd go ahead and tell the MSTP office to forward your app to the med school. If you've already had your interview(s), I'd just sit and wait. Who knows, you might change your mind again.

Just my 2 cents.

-X

MnMnTam said:
After some soul-searching (mostly through writing apps), I've decided that I would rather pursue a research-intensive MD instead of an MD/PhD at some schools (e.g. Duke). Will I still be able to change my suppl. app? Will changing my app hurt my candidacy?