MSU CHM Letters of Evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JTeam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten an email from MSU that said they need you to send your letters of evaluation? I just got an email from them saying they would not offer me an interview until the letters were in but my school send out my letters on 7/19 and all of my other schools have received them. They said that you can't call and ask about whether your letters have been received and that your status page will not indicate when your letters arrive and that if they don't have them in 6 weeks they will contact you :mad: Did anyone else get this message and already have their letters sent?? I'm not sure what to do because I don't want to wait 6 weeks but they say not to contact them.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten an email from MSU that said they need you to send your letters of evaluation? I just got an email from them saying they would not offer me an interview until the letters were in but my school send out my letters on 7/19 and all of my other schools have received them. They said that you can't call and ask about whether your letters have been received and that your status page will not indicate when your letters arrive and that if they don't have them in 6 weeks they will contact you :mad: Did anyone else get this message and already have their letters sent?? I'm not sure what to do because I don't want to wait 6 weeks but they say not to contact them.

Yes yes. I called them about that email. They said they send it to everyone who did a secondary, and don't worry about it if you already sent it :)

Hi Everyone,

yea, but mine were sent electronically so i'm not too worried.

i wouldn't freak out about it i was you. they were received at your other schools, so i'm sure they arrived.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much guys!
Hopefully Ill hear from them soon. Good luck :luck:

FYI - MSUCHM does not send the email requesting LOR to all of their applicants who fill out the secondary. I called them about this --they only send it to the applicants who made it through the preliminary review stages.

They should have 2 weeks to evaluate the application since they only give you 2 weeks to submit it!

FYI - MSUCHM does not send the email requesting LOR to all of their applicants who fill out the secondary. I called them about this --they only send it to the applicants who made it through the preliminary review stages.

so basically they dont screen pre-secondary.....
they just wait for a whole bunch of hopeful pre-meds to write three essays and fork over 100$,, then they tell them sorry we dont need your LORs we were never really gonna consider you anyway :)

So...if someone was complete there by say mid July and hasn't heard anything about LOR, they're probably rejected? :(

So...if someone was complete there by say mid July and hasn't heard anything about LOR, they're probably rejected? :(

Not necessarily...probably just out of state. MSU likes Michiganders...

oops had no idea. yay i feel happy now.

so basically they dont screen pre-secondary.....
they just wait for a whole bunch of hopeful pre-meds to write three essays and fork over 100$,, then they tell them sorry we dont need your LORs we were never really gonna consider you anyway :)

well, first of all their fee is $60, which is pretty reasonable considering it's a lower-tier school. although, they do require the $60 before you can even access the secondary, which is kinda lame. but i would much rather them review my app and ask me for letters if i'm actually competitive than waste another $5 sending out my letters to them for the same response.

yea its weird how they do it kind of differently from other schools. Its not any harder to send letters to one more school but oh well. Anyways I am OOS and I was complete 7/20 and just received the email today so I def. don't think their is a need to worry if you haven't heard. It took a long time for me.

This is nice to hear. I was kinda thinking this, but didn't want to call and ask.