MSU v. Western v. ST. George

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yaya_Cat

Michigan State CVM c/o 2026
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that there shouldn't really be a reason to choose Western or St George over my in state at MSU? While msu is kind of expensive and I would still be getting a place closer to the school, it's still going to be in state tuition at the end of the day. Maybe I'm just in my head cause I vibed so well with the interviewers at western and escaping the tundra sounds kinda nice. 😂. I also like that the other schools have a lot more diversity in general which I feel is important but not sure if it's like 70k+ more important.

Maybe it's part because I didn't think I had a chance with my in state tbh and had already spend time actually imagining myself in the out of state school so in my head I was already there. Gonna go imagine my in state school some more. 🤣😭.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in your position I would definitely pick MSU. The in-state tuition still makes it significantly cheaper than the other two. I also prefer schools that have a teaching hospital, and I don't believe Western does?

Reactions: 1 users
If I were in your position I would definitely pick MSU. The in-state tuition still makes it significantly cheaper than the other two. I also prefer schools that have a teaching hospital, and I don't believe Western does?
No they do not. Yeah you're right, that does make a great difference. I shouldn't try and accrue more debt than I have to and there's nothing wrong with the school per se, I've just been living in the metro Detroit area for 12 years and was itching for a change already!

Reactions: 1 user