MsuCHM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhattnea

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know the interview invites to acceptance statistics at MSU? How important is there interview? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

about 1/3 from what they say on interview day. Yes the interviews are very important, they even have 10% of people that have to do a 3rd interview at a later date if your 2 day-of interviews differ by so many points.

But just relax, go in and be yourself to the medical students (they will be VERY relaxed with you), and put your professional face on for the faculty interview!

On average, how long has it been taking to hear a response after your interview day? I interviewed on Nov. 30th and am waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
On average, how long has it been taking to hear a response after your interview day? I interviewed on Nov. 30th and am waiting to hear back.

Their goal is the last thursday of the next month, (next is like the 19th b/c xmas) but they have been running behind I think b/c a friend had to wait 2 months to hear. Maybe they'll catch back up at the next one to get things taken care of b4 break?

If you get in they'll give you a phone call after they vote yes on you (they didn't start till after 5 for my group....so don't get depressed if you don't hear all day...one friend didn't hear till like 8 at night)

Best of luck, as much flak as the school gets being compared to umich....I think it's a really great school that's going places in the next 4 years!

Best of luck, as much flak as the school gets being compared to umich....I think it's a really great school that's going places in the next 4 years!

I agree, it seems since there are other schools in the state MSU gets the shaft....wonder what people would think if it was the only school?

I too think the expansion is going to be great for the school and move them up the "med school chain" very quickly.

I agree, it seems since there are other schools in the state MSU gets the shaft....wonder what people would think if it was the only school?

I too think the expansion is going to be great for the school and move them up the "med school chain" very quickly.

The school gets the shaft because of its primary care emphasis and intergration with the osteopaths. If the school changes its focus and moves to GR and leaves the osteopaths in EL the school will make a better name for itself. The school is also very young.

The school gets the shaft because of its primary care emphasis and intergration with the osteopaths. If the school changes its focus and moves to GR and leaves the osteopaths in EL the school will make a better name for itself. The school is also very young.

Is there something wrong with having class with ostropaths??? Isn't biocem biocem no matter who else is sitting in the room?

I'd think it's an advantage...more people to meet and everyone knows osteopaths have cuter girls in their classes....

I am confused. Whats the difference between MSU COM and CHM? I thought they were different schools!

I am confused. Whats the difference between MSU COM and CHM? I thought they were different schools!

They are, but since the college has two medical programs, the 1st years have several lectures in the same room since there are only so many Biocem, Physiology, Epidemeology, etc professors.

They have different buildings that house the schools and the classes that distinguish allopathic from osteopathic medicine are obviously not together.

Does anyone know when the next notification date is for the CHM? I thought, for some reason, that they'd be making calls today (19th) - but it seems like tomorrow (the 20th) is the popular choice.

Anyone know for sure - as well as what time they make the calls? I gather its around 8pm Eastern. Thanks.

COM isn't College OF Medicine, it's College of Osteopatic Medicine. CHM is College of Human Medicine (Allopathic), which they need to designate because the Vet school is bigger and better funded, and better ranked.
COM and CHM take classes together, but the COM kids have to only get a 70 to pass whilst the CHMs need a 75...

Does anyone know when the next notification date is for the CHM? I thought, for some reason, that they'd be making calls today (19th) - but it seems like tomorrow (the 20th) is the popular choice.

Anyone know for sure - as well as what time they make the calls? I gather its around 8pm Eastern. Thanks.

are you talking about acceptances/waitlists/rejections? or do they send out invites for interviews in mass lumps also ?