MSUCOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OsteoMed02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm psyched! My first choice school, MSUCOM, has invited me for an interview. Although I've already done the majority of my preparing, is there anyone who interviewed there and is willing to dish out some advice? Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interview!
In terms of advice, just relax. You'll have 2 one-on-one interviews, very informal. The interview is just a way to get to know you better - so dazzle them with your charm! You've impressed them already with your paperwork, so you've gotten pretty far.
I am sure you've heard about interviewfeedback.com, there's some good advice about what type of questions they might ask and other misc. info. Be prepared to answer questions about osteopathic medicine, and perhaps you might get a question about what you think of the state of medicine today, or how do you see yourself in 10 yrs? Or you might get an off-the-wall question that might throw you off guard (this is intentional, don't sweat it). They try to make you as relaxed as possible so it's hard to be nervous. Relax and enjoy the company and conversation, and don't be afraid to ask questions too!

Good luck,
if you have any other questions, please email me!

Miriam Garcellano
MSUCOM class of 2005

Hey, I just interviewed there on Tuesday. It was a great day. Just relax and have fun with it. The interviews were very informal. I just got the chance to chat with the interviewers for about an hour. The admissions staff is really helpful, too. They will make your day a lot easier.

One thing, be ready with some questions. Both of my interviews left lots of time for questions from me about the school, etc. Have fun! :D