MSUCOM vs NEOMED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MichelAngelo1313

Reaction score
MSUCOM DO
Pros
  • 44K tuition (other fees not included)
  • Good access to research
  • All specialties available
  • I think better match rates (not too sure how to evaluate info presented)
  • Student accounts of the school experience have all been extremely positive

Cons
  • DO school

NEOMED MD
Pros
  • MD School

Cons
  • 47K tuition (other fees not included)
  • Not a lot of research available for all students (as stated by faculty)
  • Have not had a chance to speak to students about their feelings on the school
  • In Ohio 💀

The specialty I'm really interested in right now is anesthesia, this could change but I want to at least be competitive for that. Idk guys, I think my question comes down to MD vs DO but I feel like I'll have more opportunities at MSUCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It's Ohio....
I jest, the school itself is in a town with a population of 8000 and that's not appealing to me, forgot to include that in the post. Thank you for the response though!
Did you have an early acceptance there? As someone who interviewed there, I don't think they've sent out any regular decision acceptances yet.

NEOMED is really close to Cleveland + has decent affiliation with Cle clinic/university hospitals. IMO, you'll have a lot of access to urban areas (Ohio is a better state than Michigan, too).

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused as to how you have such cheap tuition for both programs.

I'm confused as to how you have such cheap tuition for both programs.
That's just tuition not cost of attendance. My school's tuition was 43K per year, but COA per year was like 70 to 75K because of the extra cost of living expenses added so you can afford not working while in school.

Last edited:
That's just tuition not cost of attendance. My school's tuition was 43K per year, but COA per year was like 70 to 75K because of the extra cost of living expenses added so you can afford not working while in school.
I know. What I'm saying is the OP's tuition is wrong unless there was some scholarships received / somehow has dual residency.

MSUCOM In-state tuition: 46,968 x 3 + 31,312 = 172,216
MSUCOM OSS tuition: 65,328 x 3 + 43,550 = 239,534

NEOMED In-state tuition: 46,900 x 2 + 60,964 + 44,567 = etc.
NEOMED OSS tuition: 88,587 x 2 + 116,540 + 86,254 = etc.

I guess what matters is match rates right? Referring to the MD/DO question....but if msucom is winning in that facet...and tuition...and lifestyle/location/opportunities....

I know. What I'm saying is the OP's tuition is wrong unless there was some scholarships received / somehow has dual residency.

MSUCOM In-state tuition: 46,968 x 3 + 31,312 = 172,216
MSUCOM OSS tuition: 65,328 x 3 + 43,550 = 239,534

NEOMED In-state tuition: 46,900 x 2 + 60,964 + 44,567 = etc.
NEOMED OSS tuition: 88,587 x 2 + 116,540 + 86,254 = etc.
Completely misunderstood, holy **** that's a lot of tuition

Neomed may allow you to change residency after the first year since the other Ohio medical schools allow this.