MSW route for becoming a psychotherapist

Started by PK87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PK87

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I have my bachelor's and Master's in psychology from India. I want to be a psychotherapist with my own private practice eventually (wish to work with disabled children). I am planning to move to Canada. My friend told me about going the MSW route if I want to be a psychotherapist as I don't want to go for my PhD in psych. Anything you can share with me about becoming a psychotherapist through the MSW route would be gladly appreciated, I don't know where to start with my research. Thanks in advance!