MTM certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I honestly don't understand pharmacists that want to be direct care providers. MTM is something very difficult to do (get paid for) and with all that effort going into it, you could have been a PA in a 2 year program and get to bill insurance for every single action you take. Maybe someone could fill me in. If you want to do "clinical" work (see bill for services), it seems being a PA is the route to go. Spending 4 years on a PharmD + 2 years on residency seems like a giant waste of time compared to an 18-24 month PA program. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...
 
I honestly don't understand pharmacists that want to be direct care providers. MTM is something very difficult to do (get paid for) and with all that effort going into it, you could have been a PA in a 2 year program and get to bill insurance for every single action you take. Maybe someone could fill me in. If you want to do "clinical" work (see bill for services), it seems being a PA is the route to go. Spending 4 years on a PharmD + 2 years on residency seems like a giant waste of time compared to an 18-24 month PA program. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

I dont touch pustules... Having a sit down appointment without getting knee deep in someone else's **** is nice.