Program-Specific Info / Q's Multiple Acceptances- Now What? (Texas Programs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasOTHopeful

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you guys- I am very happy to say I have been accepted to TWU Dallas and TTUHSC! :) I would still like to go forward with my interview at UTMB, however TWU and TECH only give a short amount of time for you to commit to their programs.

The way it's set up it almost seems like you have to accept and then back out later if you chose another program? Does anyone know if this is common and if you are able to accept offers from multiple schools at the same time? I'm still undecided but I definitely don't want this opportunity to pass me by as I feel very lucky to even be in this position!

Thanks to anyone who can answer this!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your acceptances! I've definitely heard of people accepting multiple offers and finalizing decisions later. I would just suggest making your decisions as soon as you're able to so you can free up those extra spots for waitlist hopefuls. :)

I'm in the exact same boat with you. I was accepted to TTUHSC in November and now TWU Houston last week. I accepted TTHUSC's offer and i just accepted TWU's. They're the only two schools I applied to, so now I have to withdraw my acceptance from one of the two. From what I understand, it's pretty common considering the timeline of all the different programs. That's in part why the waitlist exists. Just accept now and withdraw later after you see the full picture. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the exact same boat with you. I was accepted to TTUHSC in November and now TWU Houston last week. I accepted TTHUSC's offer and i just accepted TWU's. They're the only two schools I applied to, so now I have to withdraw my acceptance from one of the two. From what I understand, it's pretty common considering the timeline of all the different programs. That's in part why the waitlist exists. Just accept now and withdraw later after you see the full picture. :thumbup:

Thanks for your input! I just wanted to make sure it was ok to do that haha but the schools almost have it set up so you have to accept and withdraw later. And congrats on your acceptances! :D

Congrats on your acceptances! I've definitely heard of people accepting multiple offers and finalizing decisions later. I would just suggest making your decisions as soon as you're able to so you can free up those extra spots for waitlist hopefuls. :)

Thank you!! Yes I will definitely decide ASAP because I know there are plenty of people willing to take a spot!

Hi! It seems like you got your response already, but I just wanted to let you know that I did the same thing last cycle! I was accepted to TWU Denton, but also had an interview waiting for UTMB. I went ahead and confirmed for TWU since they do give you such a short time, and later emailed them to back out since I ultimately decided to go to UTMB. I think this is pretty common so it should be okay!

Hi! It seems like you got your response already, but I just wanted to let you know that I did the same thing last cycle! I was accepted to TWU Denton, but also had an interview waiting for UTMB. I went ahead and confirmed for TWU since they do give you such a short time, and later emailed them to back out since I ultimately decided to go to UTMB. I think this is pretty common so it should be okay!

Thanks for responding!! What made you choose UTMB over TWU?

Thanks for responding!! What made you choose UTMB over TWU?

One thing that I liked about UTMB was that it had an interview process, which gave me a chance to learn more about the school beforehand and to see if it would be a good fit for me. I didn't really have much information about both schools, so I really appreciated the chance to ask questions and talk to current students about the program. Another reason is that I am originally from Houston, and going to UTMB gives me a chance to see my family more.

One of the bigger reasons would be that I heard beforehand that TWU is more research focused, and UTMB has a more hands on approach. I'm not sure how true that statement is for TWU, but UTMB does have many chances for hands on learning. I personally don't like research as much, and would much rather prefer a hands on approach to learning.

And good luck with your interview! Let me know if you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer them!

Thanks so much! And yes I definitely wish TWU had an interview process like most of the other programs! I feel like I don't know as much about it because of that.

One thing that I liked about UTMB was that it had an interview process, which gave me a chance to learn more about the school beforehand and to see if it would be a good fit for me. I didn't really have much information about both schools, so I really appreciated the chance to ask questions and talk to current students about the program. Another reason is that I am originally from Houston, and going to UTMB gives me a chance to see my family more.

One of the bigger reasons would be that I heard beforehand that TWU is more research focused, and UTMB has a more hands on approach. I'm not sure how true that statement is for TWU, but UTMB does have many chances for hands on learning. I personally don't like research as much, and would much rather prefer a hands on approach to learning.
Where did you complete your undergrad?