Multiple Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Harry Truman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many people here are holding multiple acceptances?! If you are, that's just not cool! There are people like me waiting!

Thanks! I just needed to vent a little!

Members don't see this ad.

um...if they are, it's for a VERY short period of time and definitely not something to concern yourself with.

ummmm...actually, yeah I should concern myself with it because right now I have nothing to do come the end of August. I am freaking out? ABSOLUTELY!!! Do I care what you think? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Members don't see this ad :)
Chill out dude... I'm sure that anyone holding multiple acceptances right now doesn't plan on holding onto them for long. I think right now most the people holding multiple acceptances are people who just got off the waitlist.... so just calm down... go watch a movie or go bowling or something :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Orangeman:
•ummmm...actually, yeah I should concern myself with it because right now I have nothing to do come the end of August. I am freaking out? ABSOLUTELY!!! Do I care what you think? ABSOLUTELY NOT!•••••Hey fool...if you don't care about what we think..then why should we care about your feelings to us holding multiple acceptances!
Come on!

Relax your friggin co(k man. Get a hobby.
I don't have multiple acceptances but I was accepted to a place on May 15th and it took me a week to withdraw b/c I was debating about holding for financial aid. I decided it was not worth it so I withdrew.

If you are to be accepted, then you will soon be accepted. I am sure that if the schools have noticed many people being on multiple schools lists, they have taken care of contacting these certain people to tell them to decide.

You can't hold on to multiple acceptances for very long at this point! Most schools give people 24-48 hours to decide. I think that's perfectly fair.

if peeps were more like this orangeman freak, i'd think about holding onto more than one just to piss them off! :D

but seriously, there are a lot of issues, like financial aid, distance to home, family or child concerns, that can delay making a quick decision. a person will get into med school regardless if another acceptee holds 2 acceptances for 2 weeks or 1 week (does that make sense?)

I know many people that are holding multiple acceptances but the reason they are holding on to them is not spite people w/o acceptances. Yeah I know they're probably part of a grand conspiracy to keep you out of medical school. The major reason why people hold onto multiple acceptances is b/c of financial aid.

Many schools have been slow at getting people their financial aid packages. These packages can vary so much from school to school and often can be the difference b/w being $120,000 in debt and only $60,000 in debt at the end of med school. If you were in their shoes you'd be doing the same thing.

Am I freak!? Probably so. Nonetheless though, I'm incredibly stressed out right now. Waiting has finally gotten to me after many rejections and many months of rushing home to check to see if the mailman delivered any good news.

In terms of whether I care what people on this board think, of course I do. However, I don't appreciate it when someone tells me that I shouldn't concern myself with something that is this important.

Waiting out for financial aid is obviously a good move. Beware though that some schools will rescind their acceptances if people wait too long. Friends now?! I don't want to be SDN blacklisted!

Lata,
The Orange Freak whom at the moment is a little BLUE!!!

:( :( (Note to NIH DORK: I'm gonna miss you babe while you're finding a cure for breast cancer!!)