Multiple Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnesthesiaMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just for future reference, how does the acceptance thing work? I see most schools require a decision within a few weeks of their acceptance offer. Can you accept a ton of offers from different schools (in theory) then withdraw them at the deadline? Is that what tomorrow means for some lucky folks? Do you get your deposit back if one was required? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have another question, somewhat related to this.

How do people decide the school they want before hearing about the financial aid that will be given to them? Don't they send out aid packets in June? And what if you wanted to go to 2 schools equally, and the financial aid would be the deal breaker for one school over the other?

Members don't see this ad :)

How do people decide the school they want before hearing about the financial aid that will be given to them? Don't they send out aid packets in June? And what if you wanted to go to 2 schools equally, and the financial aid would be the deal breaker for one school over the other?

Also interested in this for future reference.

Actually, a lot of schools do send them out before May 15th. The schools I was accepted at required your financial aid information in March (or as soon as you were accepted) to process it in time. There are some schools that don't give out packages until June, and I'm not really sure what you would do in that situation. Some schools will allow an extension on the decision until you recieve your financial aid, but I'm not sure they would extend it for an entire month.