multiple allele or dominant trait

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pistolpete007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
someone asked me a question and i had no idea what the answer was.....in one hundred years there are no more blue color eyes and the green color eyes iare decreasing is this a result multiple allele or dominate trait or something else?

Members don't see this ad.

iam pretty sure blue and green color eyes are recessive, so this has to do with dominant allele frequency being very very high in the population compared to the blue and green allele that codes for that trait...It basically means that the frequency of dominant homozygous individuals is increasing while heterozygotes or even recessive homozygous are decreasing by a fairly large number...that would be my guess

i dunno what the dominance/recessiveness of the red hair or blonde hair allele. In any case where I am assuming that red hair and blonde hair are recessive alleles, it is basically because the dominant allele (we could assume for argument sake is brown or black) would increase in frequency...

You have to understand that and increase in frequency in a population for the dominant allele decreases the frequency of the recessive allele...I dont know if the recessive allele can COMPLETELY be wiped out, i think it can just decrease over time...AA x Aa = 1AA:2Aa:1aa, so the probability is 1/4 but it could still happen that the blonde hair and red hair exist