Multiple Colleges attended

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Braido77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a quick question. I went away my first year of school and then came back due to a change of major so I went to a community college and got my associates. I then went on to another college but was very disappointed with the education I received and the money I was paying. Long story short I will now be completing the rest of my pre-med courses online at Doane university which is fully accredited (I do know some do not accept online courses, but the universities I want to attend do not specify online course rejection or acceptance and the transcripts will not say distance education. The I will receive my Bachelors from University of South Dakota in health Sciences. The other reason I am doing this is because I got a full time job to off set college costs.

My question comes down too, Will Medical schools look down on the number of colleges I attended or just the overall grades I received and my overall application?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They won't care. I had seven transcripts in the end, which included everything from transfers to community college to shared-credit courses at other schools in our state system to online courses. I was also worried about that when I applied but it turned out to be not even a thing.

I see you're aware that some medical school don't accept online pre-reqs (they largely don't care if you took Basket Weaving online, but pre-requisites can be another matter). If you don't already have the MSAR I'd advise grabbing it on the AAMC site so that you can see exactly which schools those are (for MD at least, I'm not sure if DO has a similar compiled list somewhere). I would definitely advise taking the hard science pre-reqs in person if at all possible, though.

Reactions: 1 users
I had 6 transcripts to submit to AMCAS. Not a single medical school asked me about it. You'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I will have transcript from five different schools. Not a problem at all.