Multiple MCATs and School Selection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jinglefoot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First attempt after averaging mid 30s on FLs: PS:10 VR:7 BS:10 Total:27. Needless to say I was pretty surprised and scheduled a retake 5 months later. PS:10 VR:11 BS:15 Total:36 In a case like this should I use the average for school selection? I want to be smart about the process, but in my self-serving mind I feel like the second attempt is clearly a better indicator of capability. I apologize in advance if I'm being neurotic. Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

First attempt after averaging mid 30s on FLs: PS:10 VR:7 BS:10 Total:27. Needless to say I was pretty surprised and scheduled a retake 5 months later. PS:10 VR:11 BS:15 Total:36 In a case like this should I use the average for school selection? I want to be smart about the process, but in my self-serving mind I feel like the second attempt is clearly a better indicator of capability. I apologize in advance if I'm being neurotic. Thanks for any input!

Apply to schools that take the most recent MCAT scores, best scores, or superscore. It's not hard once you've done a bit of research.

As far as a school list, give us your sGPA, cGPA, and what EC's you have. It's a bit hard to give a solid list without those factors!

Congrats on the increase, by the way. Very impressive.

Reactions: 1 users
And nevermind to the comment above. I just looked through an old thread of yours, and it seems you've already been given advice on schools. I don't see any reason to not follow the advice given in your last thread. Nothing has changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I was just about to say that. This was more a case of sweeping anxiety than anything else. Sorry if it was perceived the wrong way. Thank you.

Yea, I was just about to say that. This was more a case of sweeping anxiety than anything else. Sorry if it was perceived the wrong way. Thank you.

No hard feelings or anything, I was just curious. You'll be fine! Just apply broadly and smartly.