Multiple Reference Letters for Non-PTCAS Participating Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jooney89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So first off, my overall GPA is terrible (2.98). Not to mention my science GPA (2.4ish). So I'm leaning towards applying to multiple (more like 20+) schools and see where I end up. I desperately want to become a PT so I guess applying this many schools is inevitable. So I've been doing some research and saw that some schools have low minimum rqm of science GPA. But most of them, actually all 10 of the ones I've seen, are not participating in PTCAS. Writing multiple application is not a problem for me but what about reference letters?

How do I go about asking my 3 references (DPT, MD, Professor) that they need to write 10+ different references? Or is this not the way to do it?

And any other schools that you know of that has a low requirement of GPA? Thank you for your help in advance!

Here are the 10 I saw from PTCAS:

Daemon College
Langston University
Lebanon Valley College
Marquette University
Medical College of Georgia
Neumann University
U of Central Florida
U or Evansville
U of Oklahoma Health Science Center
U of Puerto Rico

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you are attending Lebanon Valley right now, you will not be able to apply there. Per their PT Admission and Application page: Due to large freshman classes and strong retention, we will not be able to consider applicants with Bachelor's degrees to the program in 2011 and 2012.

So first off, my overall GPA is terrible (2.98). Not to mention my science GPA (2.4ish). So I'm leaning towards applying to multiple (more like 20+) schools and see where I end up. I desperately want to become a PT so I guess applying this many schools is inevitable. So I've been doing some research and saw that some schools have low minimum rqm of science GPA. But most of them, actually all 10 of the ones I've seen, are not participating in PTCAS. Writing multiple application is not a problem for me but what about reference letters?

How do I go about asking my 3 references (DPT, MD, Professor) that they need to write 10+ different references? Or is this not the way to do it?

And any other schools that you know of that has a low requirement of GPA? Thank you for your help in advance

Here are the 10 I saw from PTCAS:

Daemon College
Langston University
Lebanon Valley College
Marquette University
Medical College of Georgia
Neumann University
U of Central Florida
U or Evansville
U of Oklahoma Health Science Center
U of Puerto Rico

You should really put some work into your GPAs if you don't get accepted this term. As you probably already know, classes during the DPT curric. are much rigorous than undergrad. Anyways, I would try to help out your letter writers as much as possible. One way to accomplish this is to have them write one letter and you provide pre postmarked envelopes for each school.

By the way, you will have a tough time getting into UCF with those stats. That is one of my first choices and there are a couple of things you should consider.

a) it's a highly desirable location b) instate tuition for florida residents = higher gpas of those accepted c) average GRE score = 1190 d) average GPA = 3.4 ish. They look at the last sixty hours though. e) MOST IMPORTANT! they have a ridiculously small class size at 34. They had 350 applicants last year so you can see that their is a ton of competition.

But, applying to non PTCAS schools is a smart way to approach this. Good luck on your application process. :xf: Hoping we both get in :)

Thank you both for your help! I really appreciate this!