Multiple specialties

Started by coolioyo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coolioyo

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning on applying to multiple specialties, my question is if I apply to 2 specialties at the same institution can programs see whether I applied at the same institution for a different specialty? In other words, do the different residency programs at a instutition share a common database or office? I know they can visibly spot you during the interview trail if you applied to two different specialties at the same place, but that is not my question.

Thank you for all your help.
 
I am planning on applying to multiple specialties, my question is if I apply to 2 specialties at the same institution can programs see whether I applied at the same institution for a different specialty? In other words, do the different residency programs at a instutition share a common database or office? I know they can visibly spot you during the interview trail if you applied to two different specialties at the same place, but that is not my question.

Thank you for all your help.

From what I understand, It is separate.