Multiple specialties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolioyo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on applying to multiple specialties, my question is if I apply to 2 specialties at the same institution can programs see whether I applied at the same institution for a different specialty? In other words, do the different residency programs at a instutition share a common database or office? I know they can visibly spot you during the interview trail if you applied to two different specialties at the same place, but that is not my question.

Thank you for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning on applying to multiple specialties, my question is if I apply to 2 specialties at the same institution can programs see whether I applied at the same institution for a different specialty? In other words, do the different residency programs at a instutition share a common database or office? I know they can visibly spot you during the interview trail if you applied to two different specialties at the same place, but that is not my question.

Thank you for all your help.

From what I understand, It is separate.