Multiple Undergraduate Transcript Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evo512

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took 4 classes at my high school that gave me college credit through the UT Austin algebra based physics 1&2 and 2 writing classes, I now go to college at RPI. I transferred credit for both of the writing classes and physics 1 to my current college. The classes I transferred were 3 credit hour classes and my school is on a 4 credit hour system. My first question is, when calculating my GPA for MD applications will those courses through UT be used and will they be weighted by their credit hours? My second question is will the physics 2 class I took at UT, but didn't transfer credit for, be used to calculate my GPA? Lastly will my physics credits from UT still be used if I took an advanced calculus based physics 1&2 class at my current college?

Members don't see this ad.

(1) Yes. It’ll go off your UT transcript and hours.
(2)Yes. They count every class you’ve taken even if it didn’t end up counting towards your degree.
(3). Yes. There is no grade replacement on AMCAS. Every single class you’ve ever taken in college will be considered no matter where you took it or if you took it again.

Reactions: 1 user
yes and more importantly, you took introductory physics at UT and then took introductory physics at RPI. Whether algebra or calculus may be irrelevant to AMCAS. This is technically a repeat and may be marked at as such by AMCAS
I got an A in the two UT physics classes, the two RPI physics classes I took I got a C and B- in. Those two classes were solely for physics majors and much more difficult than the regular physics classes offered for other majors at RPI. Will that be something a medical school admissions would see, that the physics courses I took were more challenging? Would it be worth taking the regular physics classes at RPI, to prove I can do well in physics?