• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Multiple Undergraduate Transcript Questions

evo512

Jan 30, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I took 4 classes at my high school that gave me college credit through the UT Austin algebra based physics 1&2 and 2 writing classes, I now go to college at RPI. I transferred credit for both of the writing classes and physics 1 to my current college. The classes I transferred were 3 credit hour classes and my school is on a 4 credit hour system. My first question is, when calculating my GPA for MD applications will those courses through UT be used and will they be weighted by their credit hours? My second question is will the physics 2 class I took at UT, but didn't transfer credit for, be used to calculate my GPA? Lastly will my physics credits from UT still be used if I took an advanced calculus based physics 1&2 class at my current college?

Upvote 0

CABG Patch Kid

Sep 4, 2019
(1) Yes. It’ll go off your UT transcript and hours.
(2)Yes. They count every class you’ve taken even if it didn’t end up counting towards your degree.
(3). Yes. There is no grade replacement on AMCAS. Every single class you’ve ever taken in college will be considered no matter where you took it or if you took it again.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
I took 4 classes at my high school that gave me college credit through the UT Austin algebra based physics 1&2 and 2 writing classes,
The grades from these classes will counted into an AMCAS GPA
I now go to college at RPI. I transferred credit for both of the writing classes and physics 1 to my current college.
Transferred classes DO NOT count into GPA. The grades and credits will only be counted from the orginal college where taken
The classes I transferred were 3 credit hour classes and my school is on a 4 credit hour system.
not an issue
My first question is, when calculating my GPA for MD applications will those courses through UT be used and will they be weighted by their credit hours?
yes
My second question is will the physics 2 class I took at UT, but didn't transfer credit for, be used to calculate my GPA?
yes
Lastly will my physics credits from UT still be used if I took an advanced calculus based physics 1&2 class at my current college?
yes and more importantly, you took introductory physics at UT and then took introductory physics at RPI. Whether algebra or calculus may be irrelevant to AMCAS. This is technically a repeat and may be marked at as such by AMCAS

Upvote 0
About the Ads

evo512

Jan 30, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
yes and more importantly, you took introductory physics at UT and then took introductory physics at RPI. Whether algebra or calculus may be irrelevant to AMCAS. This is technically a repeat and may be marked at as such by AMCAS
I got an A in the two UT physics classes, the two RPI physics classes I took I got a C and B- in. Those two classes were solely for physics majors and much more difficult than the regular physics classes offered for other majors at RPI. Will that be something a medical school admissions would see, that the physics courses I took were more challenging? Would it be worth taking the regular physics classes at RPI, to prove I can do well in physics?

Upvote 0

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
I got an A in the two UT physics classes, the two RPI physics classes I took I got a C and B- in. Those two classes were solely for physics majors and much more difficult than the regular physics classes offered for other majors at RPI. Will that be something a medical school admissions would see, that the physics courses I took were more challenging? Would it be worth taking the regular physics classes at RPI, to prove I can do well in physics?
1) medical schools will not necessarily know they are more difficult
2) Taking additional physics classes will not be helpful especially at RPI where things will be difficult

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.