Multiple Ws Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbersloth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Recent college grad. Over the course of college I've taken 4Ws, two sophomore year and two senior year. All were in non-pre med courses except one in orgo 1, which I took because I was dealing with personal issues at the time and needed to do what was best for my mental health.

Since started the pre-reqs later in college (discovered my passion for medicine later on), I'm planning on taking 2-3 gap years to do research/work/take courses/get more clinical experience.

At the time of my application, how much would these Ws matter? I know having two my senior year doesn't look great, by I have a pretty strong upwards GPA trend ending college with a 3.6+ (and planning for this to continue upwards in my post-grad courses).

Members don't see this ad.

I had 4 W's and not one person asked about them. I didn't have any in my senior year though but if it wasn't in science classes, I still don't think they will care all that much. As long as you have a strong MCAT and GPA to back it up I wouldn't worry so much. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I had 4 W's and not one person asked about them. I didn't have any in my senior year though but if it wasn't in science classes, I still don't think they will care all that much. As long as you have a strong MCAT and GPA to back it up I wouldn't worry so much. Good luck!
Thanks, was just looking for some reassurance!