MUSC and Elon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Olliegators95

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I was recently admitted to both MUSC and Elon. I was offered a 15k annual scholarship at Elon and they really won me over, but MUSC seems like a better school plus Charleston is a beautiful city. Is there anyone that either goes to these schools or just has some advice on how to make a decision? Thanks!
 
Hi everyone. I was recently admitted to both MUSC and Elon. I was offered a 15k annual scholarship at Elon and they really won me over, but MUSC seems like a better school plus Charleston is a beautiful city. Is there anyone that either goes to these schools or just has some advice on how to make a decision? Thanks!
Take the scholly
 
Not a student at either but +1 on taking the money. Elon is a good program, and making a decision based on how pretty you find the city is next-level stupid.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah. Definitely not picking the school because of how nice Charleston is, but it's certainly a plus. I like the facilities of both. I also feel like I could possibly make more connections in a bigger city like Charleston compared to rural NC.
 
I grew up in Charleston and then my parents moved to NC when I was in high school. Charleston really is a nice place and I had planned on going to MUSC myself.
My own 2 cents - play the bigger picture. Your clinicals and the area / network of the school can play a large role in where you end up after. Just think about where you want to end up
 
Undergrad: UNC-Chapel Hill C/o 2017
Major: Exercise and Sport Science
Cum GPA: 3.2
Pre-req GPA: 3.2
GRE: 156V 153 Q 4.5AW
Observational hours: 100 Inpatient, 50 Outpatient
Lots of extracurriculars, and had 2 jobs