MUSC Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: MUSC Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.61
Science GPA: 3.54
DAT: 20.3AA, 19.5TS, 21.4PAT
Applied: 1,212
OOS: 1,063 Applied, 105 Interviewed, 51 Accepted
IS: 127 Applied, 99 Interviewed, 65 Accepted
International: 22 Applied, 0 Interviewed, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 78
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.62
Science GPA: 3.55
DAT: 19.8AA, 19.2TS, 20.9PAT
Applied: 1,469
OOS: 1,323 Applied, 39 Accepted
IS: 117 Applied, 74 Accepted
International: 29 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 78
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.03-4.00
Overall: 3.16-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School: MUSC
Notification Date: 8/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS Mail Out: 6/7
Application Complete: 6/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 20/19/20/24/No
Interview Date: October 6
Method: Virtual

Interview #1
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS Mail Out: 7/17
Application Complete: 8/03
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 20/20/23/21/No
Interview Date: 10/06

Interview #1
Method of Notification: Email
AADSAS Mail Out: 8/6
Application Complete: 8/8
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.34, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 19/18/20/21/no
Interview Date: 10/20

How does MUSC feel about Georgia residents and does anybody know when they start interviewing OOS applicants?

Reactions: 1 user
I have asked some dentists around the area and even some who work at dental schools and they said to literally email the school saying you want to come in for an interview and that you are really eager to interview for their program. Is this a good idea or is it too pushy?

I have asked some dentists around the area and even some who work at dental schools and they said to literally email the school saying you want to come in for an interview and that you are really eager to interview for their program. Is this a good idea or is it too pushy?
seems a tad pushy to tell them you want to interview, if they wanted to they would. If anything, a letter of continued interest - hinting at why you think the program suits your application, what you like, why you want to attend, etc could be sent. But the chances of it making any movement on your application are slim.

Has anyone heard anything back for an interview?
I just received an email for invite to interview on Monday (12/04/23), and I submitted my application early, it was considered complete & under review on 08/14/23. So do not fret if you have not heard back yet! You may still hear back for an interview! It's not over yet! :). My interview is in February and it is virtual in case you were wondering about the style of interview! Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone hear anything yet? i saw someone on reddit say they got an email at 7:55... i didn't get anything :(

anyone hear anything yet? i saw someone on reddit say they got an email at 7:55... i didn't get anything :(

Don’t stress! Last year I saw an initial acceptance at 8am too and mine didn’t come until about 1pm and I was one of their first interview dates!

For those of us who were part of the last interview group, what date do you think we can expect to hear a decision by? I wonder if they will let us know before the tour next week? Or the week after?

For those of us who were part of the last interview group, what date do you think we can expect to hear a decision by? I wonder if they will let us know before the tour next week? Or the week after?
I’m wondering the same too! Since we were the last interviewing group, I hope it means we get to hear back soon

I’m wondering the same too! Since we were the last interviewing group, I hope it means we get to hear back soon
I’m hoping they let us know before the campus tour Friday! If not, I’d imagine we will know by end of next week! At least we don’t have as long to wait to hear back as pre-Dec interviewers! Good luck!

Has anyone heard back from MUSC on a decision after December 15th?
They may have been waiting until they finished interviewing before sending out post-Dec decisions. They just concluded interviews last week, and are having their optional campus tour tomorrow (02.09.24); I would imagine everyone should be hearing back within the next 2-3 weeks so they can wrap up their class selection. Good luck!

Rejected via email this morning (2/9). From the email, it said for this application cycle the applicant averages were the following:

cGPA: 3.7, sGPA: 3.68, DAT AA: 21, DAT PAT: 21

Does anyone know if MUSC accepts in batches per interview group? So if someone in your interview group already got an acceptance say a week ago, and you still haven’t heard anything, does that mean you could still get an acceptance or have they already sent acceptances to the batches of students who go in from that particular group of interviewed students?

Just checked adea aadsas and the status says that I’m waitlisted 🥲 haven’t gotten an email about it yet but I’m assuming I’ll get it later today

Just checked adea aadsas and the status says that I’m waitlisted 🥲 haven’t gotten an email about it yet but I’m assuming I’ll get it later today
I haven’t heard anything at all. No portal status update, no email, nothing. I’m starting to get super anxious 😬 idk if it’s a good thing or a bad thing I heard back yet. Congrats on the waitlist (I know it’s not as exciting and good news as an acceptance but better than a rejection)!

I haven’t heard anything at all. No portal status update, no email, nothing. I’m starting to get super anxious 😬 idk if it’s a good thing or a bad thing I heard back yet. Congrats on the waitlist (I know it’s not as exciting and good news as an acceptance but better than a rejection)!
You’ll likely get an acceptance then! I thought my interview went very well, but I know they’re not fond of oos students so maybe that’s why I didn’t get accepted :/ hopefully you’ll hear something soon!

You’ll likely get an acceptance then! I thought my interview went very well, but I know they’re not fond of oos students so maybe that’s why I didn’t get accepted :/ hopefully you’ll hear something soon!
Stats?

Thank you! I sure hope so!

Has anyone heard anything today? I still haven’t heard anything, and no aadsas status change either 😭 I thought they would send out more decisions today

Has anyone heard anything today? I still haven’t heard anything, and no aadsas status change either 😭 I thought they would send out more decisions today
I was part of feb 2 interview group as well and still have heard nothing, no portal change either

I was part of feb 2 interview group as well and still have heard nothing, no portal change either
This is so strange! I’ve noticed they’re rejecting people they interviewed pre-Dec so I guess it’s a good thing we haven’t received rejections yet. Maybe that means they liked those of us they interviewed in Feb better? Idk. I just emailed to inquire how many seats are left and if they’re still sending acceptances. I was told they are still reviewing and sending offers for the next 2 weeks, so there is still hope! Fingers crossed we both hear good news in the next couple weeks! 🤞 🙌🏻

This is so strange! I’ve noticed they’re rejecting people they interviewed pre-Dec so I guess it’s a good thing we haven’t received rejections yet. Maybe that means they liked those of us they interviewed in Feb better? Idk. I just emailed to inquire how many seats are left and if they’re still sending acceptances. I was told they are still reviewing and sending offers for the next 2 weeks, so there is still hope! Fingers crossed we both hear good news in the next couple weeks! 🤞 🙌🏻
This is incorrect. A lot of us have received denials and we have had post-December interviews. Also, feedback for denials opens March 1st, so you all should have decisions by then. Good luck.

This is incorrect. A lot of us have received denials and we have had post-December interviews. Also, feedback for denials opens March 1st, so you all should have decisions by then. Good luck.
No I know that. I just meant they must have interviewed people since pre-Dec and even some post-Dec interviews that they liked their interview more for whatever reason, since there are many late Jan and Feb interviews who have not been rejected and have been accepted or waitlisted or still waiting to hear back. It wasn’t meant to be a condescending message, so please don’t take it that way. It was just me brainstorming and stating observations. Thank you! I hope to hear back tomorrow or Friday! 🙏🏼