MUSC Dental Class of 2029 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ryxndek

D4 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Link to last year's thread: MUSC Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂

Link to school website: Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.61
Science GPA: 3.54
DAT: 20.3AA, 19.5TS, 21.4PAT
Applied: 1,212
OOS: 1,063 Applied, 105 Interviewed, 51 Accepted
IS: 127 Applied, 99 Interviewed, 65 Accepted
International: 22 Applied, 0 Interviewed, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 78
OOS Students Enrolled:
AL‑1, CA‑2, CO‑1, DE‑1, FL‑2,
GA‑1, ID‑1, MD‑1, ME‑1, NC‑7,
NJ‑1, TN‑1, TX‑1, UT‑2
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.62
Science GPA: 3.55
DAT: 19.8AA, 19.2TS, 20.9PAT
Applied: 1,469
OOS: 1,323 Applied, 39 Accepted
IS: 117 Applied, 74 Accepted
International: 29 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 78
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.03-4.00
Overall: 3.16-4.00
OOS Students Enrolled:
AZ-1, AR-1, CA-1, FL-1, ID-1,
MD-2, MI-1, NJ-1, NM-1, NY-1,
NC-1, OH-4, PA-2, UT-1, VA-2
Class of 2028 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.73
Science GPA: 3.69
DAT: 20.4AA, 19.9TS, 20.3PAT
Applied: 1,764
OOS: 1,568 Applied, 25 Accepted
IS: 163 Applied,66 Accepted
International: 33 Applied, 1 Accepted
# Enrolled: 78
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.09-4.00
Overall: 3.19-4.00
OOS Students Enrolled:
AK-1, CT-1, FL-1, GA-3, IL-1, LA-2, MD-1,
MI-1, NC-6, RI-1, Canada-1


Good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:
Hello! I wanted to put a message on here to see who all has applied to MUSC and to see when the first interview invites will be.

I submitted AADSAS on June 4th and supplemental on July 1. I received confirmation that my application was being reviewed shortly after submitting the supplemental.

I don’t expect anything before Aug/Sept 1 but I wanted to stay in the loop with everyone.

Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my AADSAS at midnight on June 4th the day it opened. It was verified on June 10th. I submitted my supplemental on July 1st the day it opened, and it was verified on that same day as well.
 
Has anybody received an interview invite via email yet? This week was their 1st week of emailing invites in previous cycles.
 
I submitted my main application June 25 and supplemental application July 1st and it was complete and verified July 16th.
Nice! Congrats! I submitted main June 4th at midnight and it was verified June 10th. Submitted my supplemental around 10am July 1st and it was all verified that same day. I keep hoping I will receive an interview invite for this first round of interviews but have not received one yet. Here's to hoping 🤞
 
There haven't been any submissions on this thread in quite some time; my application was deemed complete and under review as of 8/23/24, but I have not had any further contact from MUSC and feeling discouraged. Anyone else in the same situation? (I am an OOS applicant).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone reply if they’re [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]% attending MUSC/confirmed? Just trying to gauge the current class size