You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MUSC waitlist
Started by DPT2ndtimesthecharm?
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Would like to know this info too! It's my top choice and another person I met on here top choice too! I know some people were denied. And I know you can get accepted up until orientation! Any other pieces of info? Do you think they will wait until Feb 15th (when deposit is due for recently accepted) until they take people off it?! Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope... hopefully soon though... trying to wait patiently!
Do you think they will wait until after the Feb 15th date (when deposits are due)? I really want to email them because I'm the most impatient person ever so I know how you feel!!!Nope... hopefully soon though... trying to wait patiently!
So was I!I don't have any info about the waitlist and how it works, however I was waitlisted there last year and was never offered a seat
I was accepted this year however. Accepted applicants have until Feb. 15th to send in deposit so I would expect those who were waitlisted would find out after that.
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/musc-waitlist.1240628/#post-18608293
Here's another forum with the same conversation
Here's another forum with the same conversation
Anyone hear anything? I'm guessing that they will wait until next week to start selecting off the waitlist. Hopefully we will all hear soon!So was I!
I was accepted this year however. Accepted applicants have until Feb. 15th to send in deposit so I would expect those who were waitlisted would find out after that.
D
deleted831349
Anyone hear anything? I'm guessing that they will wait until next week to start selecting off the waitlist. Hopefully we will all hear soon!
I know deposits were due today (2/15/17). Do y'all think they will wait until next week to send acceptances out to alternates or do you think they will start this week?
I'm not sure hopefully ASAP!I know deposits were due today (2/15/17). Do y'all think they will wait until next week to send acceptances out to alternates or do you think they will start this week?
Guys post if you hear tomorrow/whenever!! Good luck to everyone!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Guys post if you hear tomorrow/whenever!! Good luck to everyone!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes please!! Good luck to everyone too! May we all get in!!
Congrats! I was not but here's still hoping. If not - I'm falling more in love with my second choice everyday but here's to still hoping!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted off the waitlist this morning!! Hope some of you guys got the good news as well!
Congrats to you!!!! Do you plan on attending?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats! That's awesome! How long did they give you to decide? If you don't mind me asking what is your second choice?Just got accepted off the waitlist this morning!! Hope some of you guys got the good news as well!
Thank you so much! I have two weeks to secure my spot and then they'll move to the next candidate. I don't mind at all! I'm currently between MUSC and Mercer, I was almost set on Mercer but then MUSC decided to accept me (it's really been my top choice this whole time) so now I'm really torn.Congrats! That's awesome! How long did they give you to decide? If you don't mind me asking what is your second choice?
I just got accepted off of the waitlist today! For some reason, I only have until tomorrow night to make my decision. But I'm going there!
I think I'm going to take my name off the waitlist at the end of this week. I have gotten into 5 other schools and waitlisted at MUSC so I hope this helps someone out. Does anyone know what their search criteria is in picking students? I'm just curious!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think I'm going to take my name off the waitlist at the end of this week. I have gotten into 5 other schools and waitlisted at MUSC so I hope this helps someone out. Does anyone know what their search criteria is in picking students? I'm just curious!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did you end up getting off the waitlist? Or did you email them for information. I wish they would tell us something. The wait is killing me!
Did you end up getting off the waitlist? Or did you email them for information. I wish they would tell us something. The wait is killing me!
No I never heard anything at all. I'm not sure how their waitlist works at all! I ended up getting a scholarship to another school but one of my friends is still on the waitlist at MUSC and they haven't heard anything either! Are you by chance out of state?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats that's awesome!! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also are you in state or out?got in off the waitlist today! sent in my acceptance today too! dreams do come true! 🙂 good luck to everyone else!
got in off the waitlist today! sent in my acceptance today too! dreams do come true! 🙂 good luck to everyone else!
Yes would u mind? I'm wondering too!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Pre-req GPA: 3.3Congrats that's awesome!! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also are you in state or out?
Overall GPA: 3.2
GRE: V: 159 Q: 162 W: 4
I had 100+ hours in outpatient, 20 in inpatient rehab, and 20 in homecare
I also went to UNC-CH for undergrad so I'm thinking that helped!
Also, I'm an out-of-state student.
Thanks for the information! How long did they give you to decide? Congrats again!Pre-req GPA: 3.3
Overall GPA: 3.2
GRE: V: 159 Q: 162 W: 4
I had 100+ hours in outpatient, 20 in inpatient rehab, and 20 in homecare
I also went to UNC-CH for undergrad so I'm thinking that helped!
Also, I'm an out-of-state student.
Welcome!! Hope to meet you at orientation!Pre-req GPA: 3.3
Overall GPA: 3.2
GRE: V: 159 Q: 162 W: 4
I had 100+ hours in outpatient, 20 in inpatient rehab, and 20 in homecare
I also went to UNC-CH for undergrad so I'm thinking that helped!
Also, I'm an out-of-state student.
Thank you! I found out on the 28th and they gave me until March 3rd to accept!Thanks for the information! How long did they give you to decide? Congrats again!
And I hope to meet you at orientation too Ptgirl8! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! I found out on the 28th and they gave me until March 3rd to accept!
And I hope to meet you at orientation too Ptgirl8! 🙂
Join our group MUSC Class of 2020!!
Pre-req GPA: 3.3
Overall GPA: 3.2
GRE: V: 159 Q: 162 W: 4
I had 100+ hours in outpatient, 20 in inpatient rehab, and 20 in homecare
I also went to UNC-CH for undergrad so I'm thinking that helped!
Also, I'm an out-of-state student.
Hey plantlife, I also graduated from UNC (2015) and am on the waitlist for MUSC. I have very similar stats to you. Did you graduate this past year/is it your first time applying?
nice!! i graduated in 2015, too! Hopefully you get in because it would be awesome to have a fellow tarheel in our class 🙂 my fingers are crossed for you!Hey plantlife, I also graduated from UNC (2015) and am on the waitlist for MUSC. I have very similar stats to you. Did you graduate this past year/is it your first time applying?
i did!! thank you so much for making that thread!Join our group MUSC Class of 2020!!
Hey there, I am currently enrolled in the DPT program at MUSC as a first year. I had very similar questions regarding this information. The only thing that I can tell you is that I applied 3 years in a row and was waitlisted every year. Obviously I got in on my 3rd try. They will not give you any information on where you are on their alt list, trust me I asked. But a lot of people in my class that are currently enrolled did come from that list. If you have any questions let me know. The name is Hayes.Does anyone have any knowledge into how the waitlist works at MUSC. I know they rank the candidates but will not give any other information out. Does anyone know how many people are on it or if they accept a good bit from the waitlist?
Best wishes to you all! Don't give up hope!
Hey there, I am currently enrolled in the DPT program at MUSC as a first year. I had very similar questions regarding this information. The only thing that I can tell you is that I applied 3 years in a row and was waitlisted every year. Obviously I got in on my 3rd try. They will not give you any information on where you are on their alt list, trust me I asked. But a lot of people in my class that are currently enrolled did come from that list. If you have any questions let me know. The name is Hayes.
Best wishes to you all! Don't give up hope!
Thanks for the info! Did you improve anything each time you applied! I hope we will hear something more soon!
Absolutely. I was able to boost my GPA and GRE scores each time and I got a job as an assistant at a Physical Medicine clinic, which helped with clinical hours. I also bugged the hell out of the admissions office and came down for multiple visits just so they could put a name with a face. They would gladly go over things that you can improve in your application. I was waitlisted early on but I got my email on acceptance on March 11th a year ago, but other people heard back later than that.Thanks for the info! Did you improve anything each time you applied! I hope we will hear something more soon!
Anyone heard anything lately? Does anyone know if the class is full?
D
deleted831349
Haven't heard. Do you think they would tell us when the class is full?
Yeah they did last year. Granted it was may before they told us.Haven't heard. Do you think they would tell us when the class is full?
Anyone heard anything?
D
deleted831349
Unfortunately notAnyone heard anything?
Anyone heard anything?
Nope. I emailed them today. They just said they can't give any information. So frustrating.
D
deleted831349
Does anyone know how many spots are left? I looked at the Facebook group and saw there are 61 members. I'm sure one or two of those are MUSC faculty.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there are also a few current first year students in the FB group so that leaves more spots open!Does anyone know how many spots are left? I looked at the Facebook group and saw there are 61 members. I'm sure one or two of those are MUSC faculty.
Yeah there are several 1st year DPT students on there. I also saw one person post that she's attending a different school. It's still pretty early in the process so don't let the Facebook group number discourage youDoes anyone know how many spots are left? I looked at the Facebook group and saw there are 61 members. I'm sure one or two of those are MUSC faculty.
D
deleted831349
A little birdie told me there are 5 spots left in the class. I hope we hear from them soon!Nope. I emailed them today. They just said they can't give any information. So frustrating.
Does that little birdie have any info on how they select people? Haha Thanks for the information!A little birdie told me there are 5 spots left in the class. I hope we hear from them soon!
It's the end of April and you guys still don't know? Holy cow, orientation starts in 2 weeks.