Music

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

incubustoolgrl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is going off topic but what kind of music do you guys like? I can't concentrate without my dose of music everyday...its seriously like a drug :). Anyways I hope everyone is having a great semester or quater! Its almost over :D

Members don't see this ad.

incubustoolgrl said:
I know this is going off topic but what kind of music do you guys like? I can't concentrate without my dose of music everyday...its seriously like a drug :). Anyways I hope everyone is having a great semester or quater! Its almost over :D

Among many others, I like Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Frontline Assembly, Mentallo and the Fixer, Wumpscut, Dead Can Dance, The Cure, Tori Amos, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Pink Floyd, Type O Negative, 80's, soundtrack scores...

Enya, Yanni, Norah Jones, Ronny Jordan, Steve Cole, most movie and game soundtracks especially by John Williams and Nobuo Uematsu

Members don't see this ad :)
I listen to a lot of classical piano music. Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Beethoven are among my top favorite composers. I'm also a big fan of Nobuo Uematsu's music (especially the piano collections).

For mainstream music my favorite bands are Tool, Radiohead, and incubus. Anyone else like the new Tool CD?

i LOVE 80's music, classic rock, punk rock, and METALLICA.

Radiohead, the Mars Volta, Pixies, Jayhawks, Debussy, Modest Mouse, Jose Gonzalez, the Guillemots, Tool, Beethoven (piano sonatas and string quartets), Elliott Smith, Bach on a pipe organ, Shins, Flaming Lips...anything interesting and creative

taloddar2002 said:
I listen to a lot of classical piano music. Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Beethoven are among my top favorite composers. I'm also a big fan of Nobuo Uematsu's music (especially the piano collections).

For mainstream music my favorite bands are Tool, Radiohead, and incubus. Anyone else like the new Tool CD?

Hey, I listen to a lot of classical piano music too. Actually...most time Chopin is on (etudes, sonatas, scherzos, ballades, etc).

I like Limbeck, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard Confessional, etc. I don't want to label myself as an emo, but i like emo. I also listen to Broken Social, which is an awesome band.

I am a big Taking Back Sudany fan. I have been their fan since they debuted in 2002. OH yea, Limbeck is not emo. They are mixture of country and indie. Cool band. They are so nice...

foo fighters, incubus, silverchair, kanye, oasis, fallout boy, jpop soundtracks, lots of electronica/house/etc. and lately the beatles

awesome. Yous guys have some good taste in music. I like incubus and tool of course along with rage against the machine, the fray ( turning soft), bob marley, and a whole lot of brazilian music, even some john mayer, colin hays, frou frou, and of course pixies ..and the list could go on..but i will leave it at that. :)

taloddar2002 said:

I like the new tool cd, but my favortie still has to be Anemia. :)

Hooker with a penis is a great song

skeksis said:
Among many others, I like Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Frontline Assembly, Mentallo and the Fixer, Wumpscut, Dead Can Dance, The Cure, Tori Amos, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Pink Floyd, Type O Negative, 80's, soundtrack scores...

:thumbup: iawtc.

I like Belle & Sebastian, Matt Pond PA, Ash, Buzzcocks, 80's music (especially The Smiths and The Housemartins and Squeeze), The Libertines (before they broke-up), Babyshambles when Pete Doherty is coherent, The Shins, The Futureheads, Kaiser Cheifs, Maximo Park, Muse, The Smoking Popes.

My favorite classical composer is Rachmaninoff, favorite work is Piano Concerto #2.

Members don't see this ad :)
My favorite classical composers are Stravinsky, R. Strauss, Prokofieff, Chopin and Brahms. Jazz favorites include Ellington, Waller and Basie. As for popular music, I enjoy Steele Dan, Earth Wind and Fire, Marvin Gaye, Dave Matthews, Santana, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, The Fugees, Missy Elliot and Eminem to name a few.

Pantera, Manson, Clutch, COC, Miles Davis, Nora Jones, Jenny Lewis, Old Metallica, the list goes on. I have over 4000 songs on my iPod.

I love everything from country to metal but my favorite music has to be
jam bands:
Allman Brothers, Widespread Panic, Bob Weir, Robert Randolph, My Morning Jacket, Gov't Mule, Pink Floyd, Arcade Fire... Then there is always the greatest band Nine Inch Nails!:)

Oasis, Radiohead, Muse, Arcade Fire, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, the Decemberists, The Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Weezer....

even some john mayer

Haha, you know what I use to catch a lot of crap for liking John Mayer from friends, not that I really care. I mean here I am at 6 foot 1, about 215 lbs, always played sports, lift weights, etc. I guess some people expect me to be listening to Metallica, which I do sometimes, as opposed to John Mayer. I’ll tell you what though, I’ve seen him in concert and he can jam, he’s actually an amazing guitar player and his new stuff is a lot more “bluesy” than his first album pop/rock. Anyways, that’s my stance on him. Other music I’m always listening to is a wide range…from Pete Yorn, DMB, Oasis, Pearl Jam all the way to Common and Talib Kweli. I’ll basically give anything a shot.

I am excited next week I am seeing Robert Randolph and the Family Band! Also this Memorial Weekend i will be in George, WA at the Sasquatch festival seeing Bjork, Beastie Boys, Arcade Fire and many more!!!! If you live in the NW, I recommend you check out this festival
www.sasquatchfestival.com

Boys Like Girls, Switchfoot, MCR, Ok Go, Hellogoodbye, Linkin Park, Saosin

I've gone through phases. 80's rock, (GNR, Poison, some Metallica) late 90s ska/punk (Bosstones, Green Day, not really into NoFX) Early 2000s country. (McGraw's more recent stuff and the like) I've listened to a little classical, little jazz Connick mainly. Tijuana Brass has some good stuff on occassion.

I like world music such as Buddha Bar and Siddarta. Some of my favorites tracks are: Zohar--The Merciful One, Zeava Ben--What Will Be, and Touch & Go--Straight to Number One. I also like Ultra Chill, Ultra Trance, and Ultra Dance, but not as much as the Buddha Bar records (or CDs, or whatever you call them now).

Pearl Jam, Aerosmith, Nine Inch Nails, No Doubt....I could go on but im over it.

I'm a flamenco guitarist, so I listen to a lot of flamenco. But I like a bunch of other music...Bowie, Radiohead, Bjork, Gipsy Kings,...pretty much anything that doesn't suck. Last year I saw Paco de Lucia, Vicente Amigo, U2, Coldplay, Allman Brothers......music's a big part of my life.
I just know they're going to dub me the flamenco pharmacist in school, thinking it's really clever :rolleyes: ..............

Classical music, all Final Fantasy soundtracks (Nobuo Uematsu FTW!), pop, j-pop, k-pop, Christian, slow rock, and any kinds of music as long as it has nice melody.

I love that iTunes commercial song - Flathead by the Fratelli's. Their other songs are good, too.