-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Music
Started by incubustoolgrl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
incubustoolgrl said:I know this is going off topic but what kind of music do you guys like? I can't concentrate without my dose of music everyday...its seriously like a drug 🙂. Anyways I hope everyone is having a great semester or quater! Its almost over 😀
Among many others, I like Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Frontline Assembly, Mentallo and the Fixer, Wumpscut, Dead Can Dance, The Cure, Tori Amos, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Pink Floyd, Type O Negative, 80's, soundtrack scores...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I listen to a lot of classical piano music. Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Beethoven are among my top favorite composers. I'm also a big fan of Nobuo Uematsu's music (especially the piano collections).
For mainstream music my favorite bands are Tool, Radiohead, and incubus. Anyone else like the new Tool CD?
For mainstream music my favorite bands are Tool, Radiohead, and incubus. Anyone else like the new Tool CD?
i LOVE 80's music, classic rock, punk rock, and METALLICA.
Radiohead, the Mars Volta, Pixies, Jayhawks, Debussy, Modest Mouse, Jose Gonzalez, the Guillemots, Tool, Beethoven (piano sonatas and string quartets), Elliott Smith, Bach on a pipe organ, Shins, Flaming Lips...anything interesting and creative
taloddar2002 said:I listen to a lot of classical piano music. Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Beethoven are among my top favorite composers. I'm also a big fan of Nobuo Uematsu's music (especially the piano collections).
For mainstream music my favorite bands are Tool, Radiohead, and incubus. Anyone else like the new Tool CD?
Hey, I listen to a lot of classical piano music too. Actually...most time Chopin is on (etudes, sonatas, scherzos, ballades, etc).
I like Limbeck, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard Confessional, etc. I don't want to label myself as an emo, but i like emo. I also listen to Broken Social, which is an awesome band.
I am a big Taking Back Sudany fan. I have been their fan since they debuted in 2002. OH yea, Limbeck is not emo. They are mixture of country and indie. Cool band. They are so nice...
I am a big Taking Back Sudany fan. I have been their fan since they debuted in 2002. OH yea, Limbeck is not emo. They are mixture of country and indie. Cool band. They are so nice...
awesome. Yous guys have some good taste in music. I like incubus and tool of course along with rage against the machine, the fray ( turning soft), bob marley, and a whole lot of brazilian music, even some john mayer, colin hays, frou frou, and of course pixies ..and the list could go on..but i will leave it at that. 🙂
taloddar2002 said:I listen to a lot of classical piano music. Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Beethoven are among my top favorite composers. I'm also a big fan of Nobuo Uematsu's music (especially the piano collections).
For mainstream music my favorite bands are Tool, Radiohead, and incubus. Anyone else like the new Tool CD?
I like the new tool cd, but my favortie still has to be Anemia. 🙂
Hooker with a penis is a great song
skeksis said:Among many others, I like Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Frontline Assembly, Mentallo and the Fixer, Wumpscut, Dead Can Dance, The Cure, Tori Amos, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Pink Floyd, Type O Negative, 80's, soundtrack scores...
👍 iawtc.
I like Belle & Sebastian, Matt Pond PA, Ash, Buzzcocks, 80's music (especially The Smiths and The Housemartins and Squeeze), The Libertines (before they broke-up), Babyshambles when Pete Doherty is coherent, The Shins, The Futureheads, Kaiser Cheifs, Maximo Park, Muse, The Smoking Popes.
My favorite classical composer is Rachmaninoff, favorite work is Piano Concerto #2.
My favorite classical composer is Rachmaninoff, favorite work is Piano Concerto #2.
My favorite classical composers are Stravinsky, R. Strauss, Prokofieff, Chopin and Brahms. Jazz favorites include Ellington, Waller and Basie. As for popular music, I enjoy Steele Dan, Earth Wind and Fire, Marvin Gaye, Dave Matthews, Santana, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, The Fugees, Missy Elliot and Eminem to name a few.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love everything from country to metal but my favorite music has to be
jam bands:
Allman Brothers, Widespread Panic, Bob Weir, Robert Randolph, My Morning Jacket, Gov't Mule, Pink Floyd, Arcade Fire... Then there is always the greatest band Nine Inch Nails!🙂
jam bands:
Allman Brothers, Widespread Panic, Bob Weir, Robert Randolph, My Morning Jacket, Gov't Mule, Pink Floyd, Arcade Fire... Then there is always the greatest band Nine Inch Nails!🙂
even some john mayer
Haha, you know what I use to catch a lot of crap for liking John Mayer from friends, not that I really care. I mean here I am at 6 foot 1, about 215 lbs, always played sports, lift weights, etc. I guess some people expect me to be listening to Metallica, which I do sometimes, as opposed to John Mayer. Ill tell you what though, Ive seen him in concert and he can jam, hes actually an amazing guitar player and his new stuff is a lot more bluesy than his first album pop/rock. Anyways, thats my stance on him. Other music Im always listening to is a wide range from Pete Yorn, DMB, Oasis, Pearl Jam all the way to Common and Talib Kweli. Ill basically give anything a shot.
I am excited next week I am seeing Robert Randolph and the Family Band! Also this Memorial Weekend i will be in George, WA at the Sasquatch festival seeing Bjork, Beastie Boys, Arcade Fire and many more!!!! If you live in the NW, I recommend you check out this festival
www.sasquatchfestival.com
www.sasquatchfestival.com
S
sle3pyguii
Boys Like Girls, Switchfoot, MCR, Ok Go, Hellogoodbye, Linkin Park, Saosin
I've gone through phases. 80's rock, (GNR, Poison, some Metallica) late 90s ska/punk (Bosstones, Green Day, not really into NoFX) Early 2000s country. (McGraw's more recent stuff and the like) I've listened to a little classical, little jazz Connick mainly. Tijuana Brass has some good stuff on occassion.
I like world music such as Buddha Bar and Siddarta. Some of my favorites tracks are: Zohar--The Merciful One, Zeava Ben--What Will Be, and Touch & Go--Straight to Number One. I also like Ultra Chill, Ultra Trance, and Ultra Dance, but not as much as the Buddha Bar records (or CDs, or whatever you call them now).
In my CD player right now: The Fray, Skye, Sarah McLachlan, and AC/DC.
If my husband picks the music: Garth Brooks or Tim McGraw.
I also have a taste for sappy, lovey pop music. I can't help it. 😛
If my husband picks the music: Garth Brooks or Tim McGraw.
I also have a taste for sappy, lovey pop music. I can't help it. 😛
I'm a flamenco guitarist, so I listen to a lot of flamenco. But I like a bunch of other music...Bowie, Radiohead, Bjork, Gipsy Kings,...pretty much anything that doesn't suck. Last year I saw Paco de Lucia, Vicente Amigo, U2, Coldplay, Allman Brothers......music's a big part of my life.
I just know they're going to dub me the flamenco pharmacist in school, thinking it's really clever 🙄 ..............
I just know they're going to dub me the flamenco pharmacist in school, thinking it's really clever 🙄 ..............
Classical music, all Final Fantasy soundtracks (Nobuo Uematsu FTW!), pop, j-pop, k-pop, Christian, slow rock, and any kinds of music as long as it has nice melody.