Must Have Book/Guide List???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Beoz

Does anybody have some recommendations for what books or guides everyone should have that plans on getting into medical school?

I am getting audio osmosis now as well as taking a Princeton Review or Kaplan class in the spring before I take my first MCAT.

Let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, im new to this stuff. What is MSAR? How is it relevant?

Medical School Admission Requirements?? Just a guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please, PLEASE get Becoming a Physician by Danek and Danek. I wish I'd read this starting out in college!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Beoz:
•Sorry, im new to this stuff. What is MSAR? How is it relevant?

Medical School Admission Requirements?? Just a guess.•••••Great guess, absolutely right! It's an absolute necessity, sometimes called the Bible for med school applicants. It's available for purchase on-line through AAMC. It lists all the U.S. med schools, describes their admissions requirements and curriculums, and gives admissions statistics. I have no idea how anyone would decide where to apply without it. Mine is literally torn to shreds (I tore out the pages on the schools I was interviewing at and took them along to my interviews last year). The only other resource I used much in deciding where to apply was the US News site (free last year, this year they're charging for the detailed data on their rankings). I did use the Kaplan Medical School Admissions Advisor book for a general overview of the whole application process. And the Kaplan review course worked well for me -- the materials, chiefly, not the classes themselves). Welcome to SDN, and good luck with your application!! :)

What is Becoming a Physician by Danek and Danek and how will it help me? How has it helped you? I only have one year until I apply so is it still worth getting?

Where can I buy it and how much does it cost? Would you sell me your old copy if you don't use it anymore?

I just got the danek book today, had a $10 credit at Barnes & Noble. Haven't started reading it though. The book is $15.95, you can it from Amazon for cheaper probably. I've heard good things about it. Are you applying next yr? I'll be applying for fall 2004.

Im applying fall 2003. I guess I will buy the book, could someone please tell me what this book has to offer though?