Forum Members *~*~*~*~*~*Official Personal Statement Guide and Reader List 2024-2025*~*~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Available readers:
  • turkey18 | MD/PhD class of 2032 | accepted student | engineering and neuro background | No formal editing experience, but have helped many friends with their essays | Can help with content, theme, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • dope.uh.mean | MD class of 2028 | accepted student w/ IIs from T20, T30, & T50s (if rankings even matter) | research-oriented application | CA, ORM, LGBTQ+, first-gen | can help with structure, content, flow, grammar | can also help with W/A | DM google/word doc
  • bluejay09 | MD class of 2028 | accepted student | Non-traditional student, 1st gen, URM | No formal editing experience, but have helped friends with PS/Work/Activities/secondaries | Can help with content, theme, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • kelspider | MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional student, 1st gen, ORM | Community service-oriented application | Previously worked as a college advisor editing essays for students | Can help with content, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • Plane.Jane | MD class of 2028 | accepted student, Community- Service focused Application (Returned Peace Corps Volunteer) | Non-traditional student, 1st gen, URM, LGBTQIA+, 3 A’s | Communication Theory B.A , Biomedical M.S/ Assisted numerous individuals over the years | Can help with content, grammar and flow | Please PM a Google Docs link with any specific concerns or things you’d like me to focus on.
  • chssoccer7 | MD class of 2028 | non-traditional veteran, first gen, ORM, reinventor, 5 interviews, 3 A's | content review, would prefer non-trad/veteran review but happy to do others if needed | Please PM a Google Docs link w/ suggestions on
  • chsmngo | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | 4II and 2As at T20 and T30s (so far) | WA, ORM | Human Biology B.S. | Service-oriented PS and app | interviewers mentioned liking my PS lol | PM me google doc/word doc/txt etc. with anything specific concerns you may have
  • roundgarlic | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | ORM TX applicant, no gap years, dual degrees in humanities and STEM | 18 IIs, 12 As (4 T10, prematched to 5 TX schools) | I struggled to get started w my PS so happy to help brainstorm or look over some idea generation and help condense into something cohesive! | Please PM google docs link with suggestions available | a little busy right now so can maybe do 1-2 a week!
  • applicant2323 | MD Class of 2028 | ORM AZ Trad applicant with chemical engineering major | 11 II, 4 As | My app was engineering and teaching themed | no formal editing experience but can help with content, grammar, narrative etc. PM me a google link with suggestions on and what you need help with!
  • Bishop1x | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | ORM NY Trad applicant with Human Biology, Health, and Society major from Ivy League | 4 II, 1 A | no formal editing experience but can help with content, grammar, narrative etc. PM me a google link and I will help however I can!
  • arant4000 | Accepted MD class of 2028 | IIs from T20s and T30s | ORM, somewhat non-traditional | some formal and lots of informal editing experience | PM me a link to a google doc!
  • Sandman23 | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | Applied AMCAS & TMDSAS | 16 II (couple in T30) & 4 As so far | URM, 2 gap years, X factor was extracurriculars big time | Received tons more IIs from my more refined secondaries compared to early ones - night and day difference fr
  • theridgespamms | Accepted MSTP Class of 2032 | Low MCAT + 26 Apps -> 16 II -> 9As (including T5s) | nondisadvantaged, no gap years | both formal and informal editing experience | PM me to discuss what you are interested in having reviewed (Personal Statement, Activities, MDPhD Essays, SRE, Secondaries Prewrites)
  • DrMashUp | MD Class of 2028 | Applied AMCAS & AACOMAS| 5 II’s so far | URM, ok MCAT but cGPA was in hell, MANY gap years, X factor was life and work experience | Theme of my app was related to working with and researching marginalized populations | editing experience - large part of my job is drafting papers for peer review | PM me to discuss what you are interested in having reviewed (Personal Statement, Activities, Secondaries etc.) and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
  • arches_07 | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | 1 gap year in global health research | 2 MD As & 2 MD/MPH As | Lots of editing experience through 15+ research pubs | Interest and emphasis on health equity and global health | Happy to help with copy editing as well as content | PM me a link to a Google doc as well as what you would specifically like help with.
  • hotsauce4 | MD Class of 2028 | Applied 15 schools on AMCAS and 5 IIs | ORM, solid MCAT, meh GPA, 2 gap years, had a lot of research but focused much more on my service extracurriculars in my app | No formal editing experience, but I can help with content, theme, grammar of the PS and can help with writing activities | PM a link to a google doc!
  • shewhobagstea | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | Cali ORM 1 gap year low MCAT (by SDN standards), good GPA; LM 69 | massively repro centered app - was almost nontrad given how little my app was clinical and how much of it was centered on a separate narrative | some formal editing experience as a copywriter/editorial journalist | best suited to helping w/ narrative-centered P/S, but can also do W/A section | Please PM me a google doc with suggestions on
  • orangejellycat | Accepted MD c/o 2028| ORM first-gen, immigrant, disadvantaged/low SES, LM 69 | applied 29 MD schools, rec'd 8 IIs | service centered app, wrote about potentially taboo/sensitive topics in PS and secondaries. Rec'd lots of feedback on my W/A so I can help with that as well | volunteer experience as journalist throughout undergrad
  • everythingisonfire | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | first-gen | 13 MD II, 7 A’s, 6 WL (2 DO II/A’s) | mid range MCAT score | humanities and neuroscience background | extensive writing experience in both humanities and sciences | experience as a peer pre-health advisor at my school | can help with telling your story effectively, choosing what experiences to talk about in your PS, and overall strength of essay/app as a whole | will only comment on fully written drafts | PM link with editing/commenting access
  • balh1010 | Accepted MD class of 2028 | ORM, 1 gap year | 7 II, 3 As | well rounded app, no X-factor |would love to help with several aspects of your app, i got professional help with my app and can share techniques | DM me a link to your google doc (with ability to comment!)
  • smallfruittart | Accepted MD class of 2028 | ORM, TX, 2 gap years, reapplicant | 7 II, 3As | community-service/continuity of care-focused narrative, I had many well-written friends read through my essays and learned a lot through that process | DM google doc link with editing access and let me know if you want me to focus on anything!
Inactive readers:
  • Inandout | Backed up at the moment :O
  • clover629 | MD class of 2028 | Non-traditional student, ORM, LGBTQ+ | 16 II, 10 As with 5 As at T10s | clinically focused application | no previous essay editing experience | Can help with content, grammar, etc. | DM a Google Docs link and comment if there's something specific you want help with | I got so many requests and can’t keep up but if you feel strongly I’m the only person you want reading your PS you can try to convince me with a persuasive DM
  • magazine360 | On vacation - will finish editing if I told you I would read your PS!
  • Hollow Knight | got backed up on clerkships, if you sent me yours already, I'll get to it I promise!
  • Roux22 | Working through a backlog!
  • corokyly | Currently backed up! Be back soon
  • medfun101 | backed up, will work on the ones I have then add myself back to list once done!
  • toastedbutter | getting a bit behind!
  • blackholesun | had some family things come up-- not able to help right now!!
  • MisMo | Getting behind, will get to yours soon if I messaged you back.
  • kabuli | not avail. rn

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Available readers:
  • turkey18 | MD/PhD class of 2032 | accepted student | engineering and neuro background | No formal editing experience, but have helped many friends with their essays | Can help with content, theme, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • dope.uh.mean | MD class of 2028 | accepted student w/ IIs from T20, T30, & T50s (if rankings even matter) | research-oriented application | CA, ORM, LGBTQ+, first-gen | can help with structure, content, flow, grammar | can also help with W/A | DM google/word doc
  • bluejay09 | MD class of 2028 | accepted student | Non-traditional student, 1st gen, URM | No formal editing experience, but have helped friends with PS/Work/Activities/secondaries | Can help with content, theme, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • kelspider | MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional student, 1st gen, ORM | Community service-oriented application | Previously worked as a college advisor editing essays for students | Can help with content, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • Plane.Jane | MD class of 2028 | accepted student, Community- Service focused Application (Returned Peace Corps Volunteer) | Non-traditional student, 1st gen, URM, LGBTQIA+, 3 A’s | Communication Theory B.A , Biomedical M.S/ Assisted numerous individuals over the years | Can help with content, grammar and flow | Please PM a Google Docs link with any specific concerns or things you’d like me to focus on.
  • chssoccer7 | MD class of 2028 | non-traditional veteran, first gen, ORM, reinventor, 5 interviews, 3 A's | content review, would prefer non-trad/veteran review but happy to do others if needed | Please PM a Google Docs link w/ suggestions on
  • chsmngo | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | 4II and 2As at T20 and T30s (so far) | WA, ORM | Human Biology B.S. | Service-oriented PS and app | interviewers mentioned liking my PS lol | PM me google doc/word doc/txt etc. with anything specific concerns you may have
  • roundgarlic | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | ORM TX applicant, no gap years, dual degrees in humanities and STEM | 18 IIs, 12 As (4 T10, prematched to 5 TX schools) | I struggled to get started w my PS so happy to help brainstorm or look over some idea generation and help condense into something cohesive! | Please PM google docs link with suggestions available | a little busy right now so can maybe do 1-2 a week!
  • applicant2323 | MD Class of 2028 | ORM AZ Trad applicant with chemical engineering major | 11 II, 4 As | My app was engineering and teaching themed | no formal editing experience but can help with content, grammar, narrative etc. PM me a google link with suggestions on and what you need help with!
  • Bishop1x | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | ORM NY Trad applicant with Human Biology, Health, and Society major from Ivy League | 4 II, 1 A | no formal editing experience but can help with content, grammar, narrative etc. PM me a google link and I will help however I can!
  • arant4000 | Accepted MD class of 2028 | IIs from T20s and T30s | ORM, somewhat non-traditional | some formal and lots of informal editing experience | PM me a link to a google doc!
  • Sandman23 | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | Applied AMCAS & TMDSAS | 16 II (couple in T30) & 4 As so far | URM, 2 gap years, X factor was extracurriculars big time | Received tons more IIs from my more refined secondaries compared to early ones - night and day difference fr
  • theridgespamms | Accepted MSTP Class of 2032 | Low MCAT + 26 Apps -> 16 II -> 9As (including T5s) | nondisadvantaged, no gap years | both formal and informal editing experience | PM me to discuss what you are interested in having reviewed (Personal Statement, Activities, MDPhD Essays, SRE, Secondaries Prewrites)
  • DrMashUp | MD Class of 2028 | Applied AMCAS & AACOMAS| 5 II’s so far | URM, ok MCAT but cGPA was in hell, MANY gap years, X factor was life and work experience | Theme of my app was related to working with and researching marginalized populations | editing experience - large part of my job is drafting papers for peer review | PM me to discuss what you are interested in having reviewed (Personal Statement, Activities, Secondaries etc.) and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
  • arches_07 | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | 1 gap year in global health research | 2 MD As & 2 MD/MPH As | Lots of editing experience through 15+ research pubs | Interest and emphasis on health equity and global health | Happy to help with copy editing as well as content | PM me a link to a Google doc as well as what you would specifically like help with.
  • hotsauce4 | MD Class of 2028 | Applied 15 schools on AMCAS and 5 IIs | ORM, solid MCAT, meh GPA, 2 gap years, had a lot of research but focused much more on my service extracurriculars in my app | No formal editing experience, but I can help with content, theme, grammar of the PS and can help with writing activities | PM a link to a google doc!
  • shewhobagstea | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | Cali ORM 1 gap year low MCAT (by SDN standards), good GPA; LM 69 | massively repro centered app - was almost nontrad given how little my app was clinical and how much of it was centered on a separate narrative | some formal editing experience as a copywriter/editorial journalist | best suited to helping w/ narrative-centered P/S, but can also do W/A section | Please PM me a google doc with suggestions on
  • orangejellycat | Accepted MD c/o 2028| ORM first-gen, immigrant, disadvantaged/low SES, LM 69 | applied 29 MD schools, rec'd 8 IIs | service centered app, wrote about potentially taboo/sensitive topics in PS and secondaries. Rec'd lots of feedback on my W/A so I can help with that as well | volunteer experience as journalist throughout undergrad
  • everythingisonfire | Accepted MD Class of 2028 | first-gen | 13 MD II, 7 A’s, 6 WL (2 DO II/A’s) | mid range MCAT score | humanities and neuroscience background | extensive writing experience in both humanities and sciences | experience as a peer pre-health advisor at my school | can help with telling your story effectively, choosing what experiences to talk about in your PS, and overall strength of essay/app as a whole | will only comment on fully written drafts | PM link with editing/commenting access
  • balh1010 | Accepted MD class of 2028 | ORM, 1 gap year | 7 II, 3 As | well rounded app, no X-factor |would love to help with several aspects of your app, i got professional help with my app and can share techniques | DM me a link to your google doc (with ability to comment!)
  • smallfruittart | Accepted MD class of 2028 | ORM, TX, 2 gap years, reapplicant | 7 II, 3As | community-service/continuity of care-focused narrative, I had many well-written friends read through my essays and learned a lot through that process | DM google doc link with editing access and let me know if you want me to focus on anything!
  • sdfwr312 | Accepted MD class of 2028 | ORM, TX, 3 gap years, 3x reapplicant | 12 II, 2As | caregiving narrative | DM google doc link with editing access and let me know if you want me to focus on anything!
Inactive readers:
  • clover629 | MD class of 2028 | Non-traditional student, ORM, LGBTQ+ | 16 II, 10 As with 5 As at T10s | clinically focused application | no previous essay editing experience | Can help with content, grammar, etc. | DM a Google Docs link and comment if there's something specific you want help with | I got so many requests and can’t keep up but if you feel strongly I’m the only person you want reading your PS you can try to convince me with a persuasive DM
  • magazine360 | On vacation - will finish editing if I told you I would read your PS!
  • Hollow Knight | got backed up on clerkships, if you sent me yours already, I'll get to it I promise!
  • medfun101 | backed up, will work on the ones I have then add myself back to list once done!
  • kabuli | not avail. rn

• Love
Available readers:
  • sdfwr312 | Accepted MD class of 2028 | ORM, TX, 3 gap years, 3x reapplicant | 12 II, 2As | caregiving narrative | DM google doc link with editing access and let me know if you want me to focus on anything!
  • cardman5659 | Accepted DO class of 2028 | ORM, CA, 4 gap years, first time applicant | 10 DO II, 3As; 6 MD II (on WLs currently) | focus on community/rural healthcare | professional writing and editing experience, will provide thorough feedback | DM google doc link with editing access, I will edit your PS or W/A
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I was an English major in my previous life and have been accepted to MD school (matriculating this summer/fall). Feel free to reach out to me as I love editing and proofreading and would be happy to read some personal statements. Good luck everyone!

Available readers:
  • cardman5659 | Accepted DO class of 2028 | ORM, CA, 4 gap years, first time applicant | 10 DO II, 3As; 6 MD II (on WLs currently) | focus on community/rural healthcare | professional writing and editing experience, will provide thorough feedback | DM google doc link with editing access, I will edit your PS or W/A
  • AceMed007 | MD | Graduate of a current T10 | Two board certifications, previously served as clinical faculty | Spouse will also help, she is a professional writer/editor with deep experience writing for higher education | Happy to provide extensive feedback | DM google doc link with editing access - no catches, I just received a lot of help from SDN forums and want to help give back.
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn

• Love
Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn
  • AceMed007 | MD | Graduate of a current T10 | Two board certifications, previously served as clinical faculty | Spouse will also help, she is a professional writer/editor with deep experience writing for higher education | Happy to provide extensive feedback | DM google doc link with editing access - no catches, I just received a lot of help from SDN forums and want to help give back. This turned out to be way more popular than I expected! Anyone I have replied to I will complete.

Available readers:
  • LikeableDolphin | MD Class of 2028 |1 gap year, applied to 10 TMDSAS schools, 7 IIs | Accepted T20 with full tuition + fees scholarship | LM 75, 4.0 GPA, ORM, first-gen immigrant (naturalized citizen) | Service and personal background focused application | Edited and revised 4+ TMDSAS applications | Can help with content, structure, style, and grammar | Please DM me a link of google doc with a comment on what you would like me to focus on.
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn
  • AceMed007 | MD | Graduate of a current T10 | Two board certifications, previously served as clinical faculty | Spouse will also help, she is a professional writer/editor with deep experience writing for higher education | Happy to provide extensive feedback | DM google doc link with editing access - no catches, I just received a lot of help from SDN forums and want to help give back. This turned out to be way more popular than I expected! Anyone I have replied to I will complete.

• Love
Available readers:
  • LikeableDolphin | MD Class of 2028 |1 gap year, applied to 10 TMDSAS schools, 7 IIs | Accepted T20 with full tuition + fees scholarship | LM 75, 4.0 GPA, ORM, first-gen immigrant (naturalized citizen) | Service and personal background focused application | Edited and revised 4+ TMDSAS applications | Can help with content, structure, style, and grammar | Please DM me a link of google doc with a comment on what you would like me to focus on.
  • Moffy1572 | Accepted MD class of 2028 | NJ ORM, 2 gap years | 13 II, 7 As (Including T5 and T20s) | Service and leadership heavy app | Worked closely with a couple med school deans on personal application, happy to share some advice | Can help with overall content and themes | Please DM me a google docs link (suggestions on) with any specific requests (full drafts only please)
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn

• Love
Available readers:
  • Moffy1572 | Accepted MD class of 2028 | NJ ORM, 2 gap years | 13 II, 7 As (Including T5 and T20s) | Service and leadership heavy app | Worked closely with a couple med school deans on personal application, happy to share some advice | Can help with overall content and themes | Please DM me a google docs link (suggestions on) with any specific requests (full drafts only please)
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn
  • everythingisonfire | not taking anymore currently

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn
  • arant4000 | running behind - will finish editing if you have already messaged me!

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn
  • arant4000 | running behind - will finish editing if you have already messaged me!
  • shewhobagstea | swampeddd

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn
  • dope.uh.mean | I'm so sorry I got super busy. Apologies to those who reached out !!

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn
  • dope.uh.mean | I'm so sorry I got super busy. Apologies to those who reached out !!

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • kabuli | not avail. rn
  • Bishop1x | backed up

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Available readers:
  • Inactive readers:
    • kabuli | not avail. rn
    • Bishop1x | backed up
    • kelspider | need to study for step I

• Available readers:
  • Inactive readers:
    • kabuli | not avail. rn
    • Bishop1x | backed up
    • kelspider | need to study for step Is
    • DrMashUp | Backed up and getting behind :-(

• Available readers:
  • Inactive readers:
    • kabuli | not avail. rn
    • Bishop1x | backed up

• Available readers:
  • Inactive readers:
    • kabuli | not avail. rn
    • Bishop1x | backed up

• Love
  • Available readers:
  • Inactive readers:
    • kabuli | not avail. rn
    • Bishop1x | backed up
    • theridgespamms | backed up

• Available readers:
  • Inactive readers:
    • kabuli | not avail. rn
    • Bishop1x | backed up
    • theridgespamms | backed up
    • Moffy1572 | Backed up, will finish those that I replied to