must you have a rec letter from a DO??

Started by Matrix
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Matrix

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!!
I was just wondering, do we have to have a recommendation letter from a DO in order to apply to a DO school and get accepted??
 
I am not sure if every Osteo school requires it, but I would think so. My school (WVSOM) did.

Billie
 
No, it's not mandatory for you to have a DO letter in order to apply to SOME DO schools. But you should definitely shadow a DO physician, and gain first hand knowledge on what DO physican do. Usually DO physicians treat the patients the same way as any other physicians, but with a little flavor, namely OMT. If you don't know what's OMT- find out.