SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MVW vs VCU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NCgirl2004, May 9, 2007.

1. NCgirl2004

NCgirl2004 2+ Year Member

Oct 8, 2006
    I am hopping to get your inputs. I am having a hard time deciding between MCW and VCU. A couple days ago I was moved from waiting list @ VCU, and now I have less than a week to decide between the two schools. I loved both schools about the same. The only drawback about MCW is the weather. VCU is slightly more expensive than MCW about + 5000$/year. I will be considered an OOS @ both school, but VCU is only a 2hrs from NC where my family is. I appreciate all you inputs.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ExKitty Doctor

ExKitty Doctor Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 13, 2006
    California Dreamin'
    Id go VCU all the way. The clinical training there is great, and so is board prep. And its close to your family which may be really important.. Its like in "Love Actually" when the tall dorky guy says hes going to a really exciting place in 'America' called "Wisconsin" and its supposed to be very humorous.
    Why go there if there isnt a compelling reason? Unless you have a compelling reason, which you should definetly share so as to attain better advice.

4. Green Pirate

Green Pirate Neurotic Neuro Enthusiast 5+ Year Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I've heard nothing but good things about VCU. It's very well respected in Virginia. I can't really weigh in since I know next to nothing about MCW, but you can't go wrong with VCU.