MWU-AZ Notification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunningTooth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I think I remember MWU-AZ saying that they make phone calls on December 1st to offer acceptance. Anyone know if this is accurate? I interviewed pretty early on and was wondering if anyone has heard anything different? Thanks and best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,
I think I remember MWU-AZ saying that they make phone calls on December 1st to offer acceptance. Anyone know if this is accurate? I interviewed pretty early on and was wondering if anyone has heard anything different? Thanks and best of luck!
not sure how MWU-Az does it but i got my masters there. I also interviewed at MWU-IL and they said the portal will give u your answer if ur accepted (on the 1st).....i think that u'll also get a snail mail letter. GOOD LUCK

I think I remember hearing something like that and I would also assume your MWU profile page is updated automatically since that's how they generated my interview invitation.

Not to hijack your thread (I too would be interested to know how Midwestern hands out acceptances) but I had two other questions on the same note.

1.) What are you chances of acceptance after your interview (ie how many invitations per seat)?

2.) Is it true that the interview is the only thing that matters from that point on and everyones grades/scores/lors/etc are in disregard? This is what I think one of the professors told us at the interview since it was closed file but then again I may have misinterpreted his meaning

If anyone could answer the OPs questions in addition to my own I'm sure we would both be very grateful.

Members don't see this ad :)
in AZ they told us that the matriculated student checklist will show up if you've been accepted

I know they made phone calls 2 years ago on 12/1. Best phone call I've ever gotten :)

I was wondering this too.. also does anyone know whether or not they call your house phone listed on your application or cell phone??

The "accepted student checklist" was available early on the first last year, but I waited 4 hours or more for my phone call. I finally called them to make sure it wasn't a glitch and that I was really in.

They'll also send a letter and packet about a week later.

Good luck everyone, only 2 more days of waiting!

Is the accepted student checklist available at midnight? Asking because I got my interview e-mail at like 2 in the morning lol

Is the accepted student checklist available at midnight? Asking because I got my interview e-mail at like 2 in the morning lol

I'm not sure, I didn't check it until 7 am or so.

I think I remember hearing something like that and I would also assume your MWU profile page is updated automatically since that's how they generated my interview invitation.

Not to hijack your thread (I too would be interested to know how Midwestern hands out acceptances) but I had two other questions on the same note.

1.) What are you chances of acceptance after your interview (ie how many invitations per seat)?

2.) Is it true that the interview is the only thing that matters from that point on and everyones grades/scores/lors/etc are in disregard? This is what I think one of the professors told us at the interview since it was closed file but then again I may have misinterpreted his meaning

If anyone could answer the OPs questions in addition to my own I'm sure we would both be very grateful.

Thanks for the input everyone. As far as the questions asked above, I remember hearing a 1/4 or 1/5 chance of acceptance after the interview. I don't remember hearing anything about how much emphasis MWU-AZ puts on the interview. Just from reading SDN, it does seem like they are one of the schools that values personality, ECs, etc once you get the interview. I felt like my interview went pretty well so I'm hoping that's true. Good luck!

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know what time changes will be made to our MWUNET Application Portal?

Do changes usually appear midnight to early morning? or will it happen during office hours?

Last year kflinstone checked at midnight Arizona time and MWU's portal hadn't updated (post 1153) but at 8:49am on Dec 1 it had updated (post 10).

So I guess if Midwestern is your top school, it's not worth it to stay up till midnight.