MWU-AZ, PCOM-PA, PCOM-GA, LECOM...Need help deciding!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

francheezy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i already posted about this topic in the postbac forums but I was wondering that as current D.O. students or hopefuls, I could get some helpful advice regarding my situation. Time is of the essence and I want to make the best possible decision.

so im a recent graduate from undergrad and applied to 4 programs for the upcoming fall (september 08). my goal is to get into osteopathic school for the fall 2009 cycle and so enrolling in one of these programs will allow me to increase my science gpa in order to improve my application for the following cycle. My stats are 23O MCAT, 3.1 cum. gpa, 2.8 science gpa, and really good ECs. These are the programs I got accepted into including a short description:

1) Midwestern University - Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences in Glendale, AZ (9 months - 45 minimum credits): triquarter system (fall, winter, spring), cadaver exposure, small research project involved as well

2) PCOM - Philadelphia, PA - Certificate of Graduate Study in Biomedical Sciences (9 months - 29 credits): also a triquarter system, gauranteed interview with PCOM's D.O. school as a certificate student, well established, location closer to me (i live in baltimore, md)

3) LECOM Health Sciences Post Bac (30 credit hrs) - 2 semester based curriculumgood program that also offers gauranteed interview with a minimum 3.0gpa and 21 MCAT, good exposure and smaller class sizes so better opportunity for staff relations.

4) PCOM - Georgia - same as PCOM Philly except program opened up relatively recently so not as well established. Also offer gauranteed interview with their school's D.O. program.

If you have any information on any of these schools and what kind of programs would benefit me the most in my situation, I would really appreciate it. I know there are several factors involved such as location, tuition price, curriculum, linkages to their osteopathic school, etc, etc. However, I am primarily just considered in the best curriculum and basically in the program with the highest available chances of me getting into medical school. Any information would help as I have to notify all schools within the next 1-2 weeks. Sorry for the short notice and once again thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Why not just take extra undergrad sciences where you got your undergrad degree?

I would do that and study hard for the MCAT and take it again. If you can bump that MCAT up a few points, I think a lot more doors will open up.

Status
Not open for further replies.